Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- betty white
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:52 am
Willie FIRED
Guess the FSU AD decided to finally Do Something
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
- bigsugarduck
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:52 pm
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
- cmmadness
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 476
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:32 pm
TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
I ordinarily try not to take delight in the misfortunes of others,
but this is Karmic retribution if I've even seen it.
Last edited by cmmadness on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
-
droop10
- Freshman
- Posts: 1413
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Any croots we should try to flip?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- pezsez1
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6287
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 pm
- Location: RIP CITY
-
SuperDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 4651
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
I wonder if they'd come after Mario Cristobol? He's done well at Oregon, especially in recruiting. Still, he's also had a very good QB to run the offense, as well as an outstanding O-line. I personally see him being in Mark Helfrich territory until he can put together at least 2-3 good seasons after Herbert leaves. But you never know...
John 3:36
- DuckMastaFunk
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm
Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU
I doubt many FSU fans would go along with going to the steal-the-HC-from-Oregon well again. Kinda burned them last time they did it. Thanks t would be like us firing Helf then promoting one of his assistants.SuperDuck wrote:I wonder if they'd come after Mario Cristobol? He's done well at Oregon, especially in recruiting. Still, he's also had a very good QB to run the offense, as well as an outstanding O-line. I personally see him being in Mark Helfrich territory until he can put together at least 2-3 good seasons after Herbert leaves. But you never know...
- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
-
squintsdd
- Senior
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Geez, can we stop trying to link UM to every potential head coaching job? He's not a potential coach until he actually says or shows he is.droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
- DuckMastaFunk
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Except Urban Meyer retired from Florida for “health reasons” that magically disappeared a year later when the Ohio State job came up.brich75 wrote:Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
-
droop10
- Freshman
- Posts: 1413
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)
Urban is full of it. He leaves whenever things get difficult at his place of employment. That’s when his health issues always start to crop up. He’s coming back. It’s just a matter of where. Sources close to him have already said he’s interested in coming back, he said last week he’d take the Cowboys job if offered. He’ll be back...brich75 wrote:Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.

