Oregon BB loses season opener

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Oregon BB loses season opener

Post by OregonFan4Life »

10-12 to Minnesota. Hopefully it was opening game nerves as Minnesota got 9 runs through the first 3 innings. Crazy how much more Oregon fans care about softball, Horton really ruined the program. Wasikowski really has his work cut out for him, we’ll see if he’s capable. He needs to rebuild the program and find a way to get fans interested.
nogerO
Senior

Re: Oregon BB loses season opener

Post by nogerO »

Yawn...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:Yawn...
Lol exactly. Really hoping the new coach can turn things around and get some interest in the baseball team.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That was a tough opener for Oregon. Going against a predicted future first-round pitcher showed early on. At least they put up a fight late. Do think it'll take a bit of time for the stuff they did in the off-season to show results.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I may be wrong, it it seems to me that in retrospect, bringing back baseball just to try to keep up with beevis was probably a fools errand. May change if our new coach can be flexible and coach to the strengths of his team and get us relevant again but for now yeah, meh.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

Ducks go to 0-2
San Diego scored the game-winning run on a passed ball in the top of the ninth inning Saturday to hand Oregon a 6-5 nonconference baseball loss.
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

Ducks lose to Pepperdine 5-8 for their third straight loss to start the season.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

OregonFan4Life wrote:10-12 to Minnesota. Hopefully it was opening game nerves as Minnesota got 9 runs through the first 3 innings. Crazy how much more Oregon fans care about softball, Horton really ruined the program. Wasikowski really has his work cut out for him, we’ll see if he’s capable. He needs to rebuild the program and find a way to get fans interested.
1- This could be one of the worst programs (not just baseball) in the entire country right now; Horton destroyed any reason for anyone to follow the team
2- Oregon baseball hiring an assistant of the coach that was fired... probably a 2.0 version of him = :shock:
3- If Oregon women's basketball can come back from a 4-27 season and get to where they are at in less than a decade, anything is possible
4- Oregon softball was also in a similar spot before MW came, so there's also still hope for baseball at some point
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

shoparound wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:10-12 to Minnesota. Hopefully it was opening game nerves as Minnesota got 9 runs through the first 3 innings. Crazy how much more Oregon fans care about softball, Horton really ruined the program. Wasikowski really has his work cut out for him, we’ll see if he’s capable. He needs to rebuild the program and find a way to get fans interested.
1- This could be one of the worst programs (not just baseball) in the entire country right now; Horton destroyed any reason for anyone to follow the team
2- Oregon baseball hiring an assistant of the coach that was fired... probably a 2.0 version of him = :shock:
3- If Oregon women's basketball can come back from a 4-27 season and get to where they are at in less than a decade, anything is possible
4- Oregon softball was also in a similar spot before MW came, so there's also still hope for baseball at some point
I'm not disagreeing with you, I care about softball way more. Only reason I stay up to date with Oregon baseball is because I'm a CPA so I'm working crazy hours right now, and sometimes during a late night I need some mind numbing TV on one of my monitors to keep my mind engaged as I work, and football, basketball, and softball are too fast paced so they're distracting. Baseball I have found is the perfect sport for me to watch while working, and what's slower and more boring than Oregon baseball? So that's really the only reason I stay up to date for Oregon baseball. Outside of work, I haven't cared about this team for years. Unless Wasikowski has a drastic turnaround within the next few years, they need to shut down the program for good.

I said this before and people didn't believe me, but when Mullens decreased Horton's pay rather than firing him, I knew that was going to be the end of Oregon baseball.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well I'll be at the Nevada series starting on Friday if anyone wants to get a beer at the Cooler afterwards. Nevada dropped a 3-game series to Portland last week but they've also got a 1B with a big bat going against a team that struggles to score.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon loses to Grand Canyon 3-4 after 12 innings, but in their defense the 1st base ump gave that game to CGU with an egregious call against Oregon. However Oregon did find a creative way to blow a golden opportunity with extremely dumb base running.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

The team didn't even flinch when they lost.
Are they stunned or indifferent lol
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

shoparound wrote:The team didn't even flinch when they lost.
Are they stunned or indifferent lol
I honestly think stunned, only cause the inning should've been over. That had to have been deflating to lose off of such an egregious call from the 1st base umpire. Either that ump wanted to go home cause he was tired or he's a big GCU fan. I don't know what he was looking at.