Marcus to the Raiders

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Marcus to the Raiders

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Interesting spot for him, better than Tennessee IMO. I think Gruden will work well with him.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Marcus to the Raiders

Post by Phalanx »

I'm not sure why they don't like Carr there, he seems pretty effective. I really doubt that Marcus will be able to win the starting job. Oh well, at least he is closer to home now.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Gruden was big on him during the draft. I predict he'll be starting before the season is over
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Phalanx wrote:I'm not sure why they don't like Carr there, he seems pretty effective. I really doubt that Marcus will be able to win the starting job. Oh well, at least he is closer to home now.
Did you see Carr play last season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I have not found any details on the contract but would love to know. I am not sure what I think about MM in Vegas, not sure about Gruden but the owner is .......... his own man.... if anyone learns on the details please post it, thanks.

Looks like I am now a Raider fan! Lol
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Alan wrote:I have not found any details on the contract but would love to know. I am not sure what I think about MM in Vegas, not sure about Gruden but the owner is .......... his own man.... if anyone learns on the details please post it, thanks.

Looks like I am now a Raider fan! Lol
Guess it's time to take my nephew up on cruising his black and silver Harleys to a game...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

they showed on ESPN when Jameis got drafted, Gruden was on ESPN and saying Marcus will be the steal of the draft. Years later now and Marcus will have his chance.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

thomas time wrote:they showed on ESPN when Jameis got drafted, Gruden was on ESPN and saying Marcus will be the steal of the draft. Years later now and Marcus will have his chance.
I was thinking about that last night and Gruden having Marcus on his weekly segment something like “grid on with the QB, may not be even close but he did the interview and quizzed QB using tape on what they read and their reads. Gruden was very high on Marcus coming out of college. Unlike the Titans I think the raiders are stable with their coach and VEGAS fans will be buzzing with their new team coming to town....... now that I slept on it I like it.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

lmduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I'm not sure why they don't like Carr there, he seems pretty effective. I really doubt that Marcus will be able to win the starting job. Oh well, at least he is closer to home now.

No...did you see Marcus play last season? I'm just looking at Carr's stats: 21 TD's vs 8 Int's, Passer rating over 100 for the season, 70% completions, and total sacks for the year were just a couple more than Marcus had in only 6 1/2 games. Those are pretty good numbers. I don't see how Marcus is going to be an improvement.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

As a Chargers fan, this sucks, but if it helps his career then I'm all for it.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Phalanx wrote:
lmduck wrote:

No...did you see Marcus play last season? I'm just looking at Carr's stats: 21 TD's vs 8 Int's, Passer rating over 100 for the season, 70% completions, and total sacks for the year were just a couple more than Marcus had in only 6 1/2 games. Those are pretty good numbers. I don't see how Marcus is going to be an improvement.
The Raiders did a heckuva lot better job protecting Carr than the Titans ever did with Marcus.

Guess we'll see what shakes out of the box.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Mike Mayock the GM was also a known Marcus partisan in that draft when he was the NFL Network's top guy.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Phenom wrote:As a Chargers fan, this sucks, but if it helps his career then I'm all for it.
This... I’d hate choosing the Chargers or Marcus in a game. Unless the Bolts are a train wreck. Then it’d be an easy call.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

UofDuck wrote:
Phenom wrote:As a Chargers fan, this sucks, but if it helps his career then I'm all for it.
This... I’d hate choosing the Chargers or Marcus in a game. Unless the Bolts are a train wreck. Then it’d be an easy call.
What happens if say Herbert ends up in LA?