All Time starting 5 MBB

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: All Time starting 5 MBB

Post by GrandpaDuck »

What is the criteria? Pick 5 to play one game. Contribution over a season. Contribution over a career?

I make different choices for each.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrandpaDuck wrote:What is the criteria? Pick 5 to play one game. Contribution over a season. Contribution over a career?

I make different choices for each.
The original idea was your starting 5. Of course a 6th man could certainly be added to that; and why not your best rotation? How you come up with these is at each of ours discretion.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

If we are going by favorites, mine would probably look like this:

1. Luke Ridnour
2. Luke Jackson
3. Keith Reynolds
4. Arsalan Kazemi
5. Jordan Bell

I would want a bench though, and mine would include some mix of Maarty Leunen, Terrell Brandon, Freddy Jones, Chris Boucher, A.D. Smith, Aaron Brooks, and Dillon Brooks.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phalanx wrote:If we are going by favorites, mine would probably look like this:

1. Luke Ridnour
2. Luke Jackson
3. Keith Reynolds
4. Arsalan Kazemi
5. Jordan Bell

I would want a bench though, and mine would include some mix of Maarty Leunen, Terrell Brandon, Freddy Jones, Chris Boucher, A.D. Smith, Aaron Brooks, and Dillon Brooks.
Favorites, best? The two aren't mutually exclusive. The only "criteria" I suppose I wanted to see used in the OP was that your 5 constitute a team; so 2 G's, 2 F's & 1 C. Actually, a team isn't necessarily that any more. So simply your 5, however constituted, you deem the best.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I'm going with Payton Pritchard, Joe Young, Luke Jackson, Dillon Brooks and Jordan Bell.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Ok

Pritchard is on my "one game", "one season" and "career" lists so I am going to start with him.
Ron Lee is on my favorite player and top five career list, not so sure I would take him on a one game list, except for the 4th quarter sub where his shooting jumped from like 25% in the first 3 quarters to 70% in the 4th.

Struggling Between Jackson & D Brooks for my small forward.

I want a defensive stopper for my big man for one game or a tournament run. Bell or Boucher or Wooten. Bell and Wooten had several tournament games where they destroyed the other teams offenses in Bill Russell fashion but Boucher could also block shots and had some offense too.

Screw it, my staring line up going into the NCAA tournament is Pritchard, Dillion B, L Jackson, Boucher and Bell. I picked Dillion at the second guard spot for rebounding support because my front-line lacks bulk otherwise I might have gone Aaron Brooks.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

How bout under appreciated/overlooked Ducks
Benson
Ad Smith
Marty Leunen
Scales
Porter
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Joe Young
Fred Jones
Luke Jackson
Arsalan Kazemi
Jordan Bell

I have Kazemi, Bell, & Jones as the best defenders at their positions. Jackson & Young were plus defenders as well. My only worry is having two non shooters (Kazemi & Bell) on the court. I strongly consider Bouche, but Kazemi was an all timer in basketball IQ. He made things happen.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Ok

Pritchard is on my "one game", "one season" and "career" lists so I am going to start with him.
Ron Lee is on my favorite player and top five career list, not so sure I would take him on a one game list, except for the 4th quarter sub where his shooting jumped from like 25% in the first 3 quarters to 70% in the 4th.

Struggling Between Jackson & D Brooks for my small forward.

I want a defensive stopper for my big man for one game or a tournament run. Bell or Boucher or Wooten. Bell and Wooten had several tournament games where they destroyed the other teams offenses in Bill Russell fashion but Boucher could also block shots and had some offense too.

Screw it, my staring line up going into the NCAA tournament is Pritchard, Dillion B, L Jackson, Boucher and Bell. I picked Dillion at the second guard spot for rebounding support because my front-line lacks bulk otherwise I might have gone Aaron Brooks.
Add PF Greg Ballard as 6th man... Dude was something else!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!