2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has announced that spring practices will start on April 1st and conclude with the spring game on May 1st. Here's the tentative schedule:

Thursday, April 1
Saturday, April 3
Tuesday, April 6
Thursday, April 8
Saturday, April 10
Tuesday, April 13
Thursday, April 15
Saturday, April 17
Tuesday, April 20
Thursday, April 22
Saturday, April 24
Tuesday, April 27
Thursday, April 29
Friday, April 30
Saturday, May 1 – SPRING GAME
betty white
Two Star Recruit

Re: 2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Post by betty white »

Fans allowed?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

betty white wrote:Fans allowed?
Sounds like they will but how many and who is still being discussed.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Day one of spring practice and the significant announcements are already rolling in.

From Rob:

Mario Cristobal announced that Chris Randazzo, Sampson Niu and Jonah Tauanu'u have taken medical retirements.

Cristobal said Sean Dollars will be out through the summer due to a significant leg injury during offseason workouts.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Well damn
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a few more players leaving since that seems to be how it goes during the spring. The silver lining of Randazzo and Tauanu'u leaving is it opens up some scholarships for 2022. Also, Benson is still recovering from a knee injury this past season so the spring RB depth is really just Verdell, Dye, and walk-on Cross Patton. They may need Cardwell to step up big time if both Dollars and Benson aren't ready to go to start the regular season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Whooohooo on Flowe. After being scarred by BRoy I was afraid it was more serious than a meniscus really is for a football player, the meniscus to football player ratio at the NFL combine is more like 1:2 than 1:1.

Benson and Dollars being out really does hurt. Especially if by summer Cristobal means no fall camp for Dollars. I doubted Dollars but he looked really good in his brief opportunity.

Jonah T - dang. I saw a video a while back of him at a camp and no one could handle KT but he did as good of a job as anyone, while shutting down other elite DL. Tons of potential at tackle or guard. That sucks.

Sampson Niu I was really hoping would come back after his family tragedy. I think him not playing last year was bigger than we, or at least I, thought. He was physical and we missed that although Sewell isn’t exactly dainty we could have used another bulldog.

Webb and Herbert back is good news, I never did hear what happened in 2020. I wonder if Cam McCormick will be back for real. Moorhead loves TEs.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like Jeffers, McCormick, Aumavae-Laulu, and Jaylen Smith will all be out extended periods, if not all, of spring practices.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Another round of tidbits: https://www.si.com/college/oregon/.amp/ ... ssion=true

* Bryan Addison and Jaylen Smith to defense full time, with Smith being injured. Addison makes for an intriguing DB at his height, which he seemed to do better at in high school and Smith being a DL is also not too shocking since big bodies athletic enough for DL aren’t growing in trees.

* Cristobal praises Alex Forsyth, TJ Bass, and Steven Jones.

* Compliments for Jay Butterfield.

* Mentions DeRuyter teaching and simplifying, which leads me to believe the rumor about Avalos’ defense being too complex.

Cristobal speaks fluent coach, so who knows with anything he says. It’s kind of funny trying to read the tea leaves from his comments and then seeing the opposite happen. The few times he does criticize it seems pretty accurate, like him mentioning Devon Williams and his maturity issues and Devon goes out and tries to punch UCLA players that same week.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

greenyellow wrote:Sounds like Jeffers, McCormick, Aumavae-Laulu, and Jaylen Smith will all be out extended periods, if not all, of spring practices.
Jeez, not to be hard on the kid, and I feel for him and know he had a major injury, but is there ever a time where we won't see McCormick out for extended periods? I hope it works out for him, and applaud his perseverance, but surprised he isn't on that medically retired list by now. Just feels like it's never going to work out for him, unfortunately.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If someone is injured for years. It’s time to hang it up, and hope you are pain free in your 40’s. No reason to keep playing, then get hurt, sit out for a year and try again. Someone needs to explain to Cam that this won’t be great when he is older.