WBB F Angela Dugalic enters transfer portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB F Angela Dugalic enters transfer portal

Post by greenyellow »

In a surprise, FR F Angela Dugalic has entered her name in the transfer portal. It's not a done deal that she's leaving but she's definitely checking out her options. Biggest issues for her are the pandemic, her being close to some of the other transfers, and losing Campbell and Lopez. If she left, Graves and his staff really would have to start looking around the transfer portal.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB F Angela Dugalic enters transfer portal

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Ack I just wrote a post on how I thought she could be a key next year. But I have been expecting one or more of the freshmen to transfer. I was just hoping it wouldn't be her.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Ack I just wrote a post on how I thought she could be a key next year. But I have been expecting one or more of the freshmen to transfer. I was just hoping it wouldn't be her.
For sure she would've been a key player. She had grit and should've gotten more minutes last year. I will absolutely be following her career wherever she lands.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So this isn't a done deal. Would be kind of cool to send our 2 new assistants to Europe to show our interest in her. Moser could also relate to her how different it will be in Eugene to play in front of large crowds and have a normal Eugene campus life.

They are both supposed to be recruiters, this should be target 1.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

OK, I’m officially in WTF is going on mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

chapelhillduck wrote:OK, I’m officially in WTF is going on mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assistant coaches leaving who had a primary role in recruiting. Pandemic campus experience is exacerbating the usual freshman home sickness. Friends in the program leaving ( I am not sure with Dugalic which were her friends but Chavez, Shelly and Lydia were social leaders on the team. )

OSU is going through the exact same thing, also losing 2 key assistants and some team leaders. They lost 2 key freshman both stated wanting to be closer to home and a couple of others.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Dugalic

Post by panamaslim »

The Go Ducks roster still has Angela on it, while Shelley and Mikesell are not. Still a chance?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Dugalic

Post by GrandpaDuck »

panamaslim wrote:The Go Ducks roster still has Angela on it, while Shelley and Mikesell are not. Still a chance?
Yes. Inside sources say her name is in the transfer pool, but she has not eliminated a return to Oregon. Essentially we need to re-recruit her.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

This one stings. Aside from Te-Hina, I thought she has the highest ceiling of the five freshman.

Really sucks we went from the best team in the nation in 19-20 (including the top recruiting class) to having to wonder if the Sweet 16 is as far as we can go ...
BearlyBalanced
One Star Recruit

Post by BearlyBalanced »

Not UCLA ! sad face.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This has been some poor roster management on Graves' part this off-season. I'd say the ball has moved decidedly back towards Altman, Cristobal, and possibly Lombardi being the most likely coaches to bring home a national title in the next 5-10 years.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Transferring to UCLA is a really bad look for Graves.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

A player like Sabrina will make any coach look better but I’m starting to get slightly concerned how much better she may have made Graves look.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Yeah UCLA doesn't exactly scream homesick.

But let's face it, the team was a MESS, and probably got to the Sweet16 just on talent. But they were nowhere close to their supposed ceilings.
There was clearly no chemistry and it showed in how they played. I'm guessing the frustration was just too much by the end of the season.

Unfortunate if the Graves era does not produce a national championship.... AZ and Barnes look more ready to win one right now than us.... But softball was in a similar position a couple of years ago and they've battled back. Hopefully women's basketball can too.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

Hope I'm wrong, but I get the uneasy feeling there might be more attrition before all is over.