KJ kicks - an essay of sorts

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Bestfoods
One Star Recruit

KJ kicks - an essay of sorts

Post by Bestfoods »

It’s fitting that upon my entering into this league I have the rookie for the very favorite pair of shoes I owned as a kid. An apprentice baller, if you will. There I was. A sixth grader. Big ‘man’ on campus. Last year of elementary school. I wanted to make a name for myself. I wanted to stand out. Really, I wanted $60 from my dad. I begged, pleaded, and mowed lawns. $60 in hand and my Pops took me to clackamas town center. This was way back. 1991 way back. When chick-fil-a was already here in oregon, before it left and long before it came back. [Betcha didn’t know that cfa nugget of history]. Went where all the promising ballers went. The foot locker. Got my first, pro-player sponsored, non-‘Bk knight’ Payless shoe store special basketball shoes. Kevin Johnson’s CONS. Of course with the React Juice! I was beaming!!! How could this day get any better? Sbarro’s happened. It somehow got better. After a delicious, tantalizing, and mind numbing plate of Za, I did the unthinkable. The audacity! The horror! That darned pizza was so good I forgot all about the bag of KJs boxed up nicely and tucked under our table. We had gotten up. We had begun to leave. All those shuttle run drills paid off however. I hit those food court base lines so fast it made the Paul Blart lookalike mall cop draw this 2-way radio. Retrieved! Not stolen! Still intact and still mine! After the classic thump on the backside of my head from my old man things were right as rain.
It was a good day. It was my KJs.

What is your most memorable and favorite pair of kicks as a kid?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: KJ kicks - an essay of sorts

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Fun first article, I didn't wear shoes as a kid. My mom was Persian so we just ate rice.

One small piece of feedback, don't write articles past midnight on your iphone on a back massage chair.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bestfoods
One Star Recruit

Post by Bestfoods »

It’s a fair point. I was a little delusional with lack of sleep and my thumbs were indeed tired.

Ideas of fun stories at midnight should remain ideas until proper brain function has been restored the following morning. Reassess and then still don’t post.

I will redeem this!
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by the goat »

Reading this thread is like stumbling into a fever dream. I could go for some more.
Lakers GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

the goat wrote:Reading this thread is like stumbling into a fever dream. I could go for some more.
hahahaha! :lol:

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bestfoods wrote:It’s a fair point. I was a little delusional with lack of sleep and my thumbs were indeed tired.

Ideas of fun stories at midnight should remain ideas until proper brain function has been restored the following morning. Reassess and then still don’t post.

I will redeem this!
Or maybe keep track of like 5 of these thoughts and then post them at once. Then they may meet the character limit for earning points on an article.

Bestfoods
One Star Recruit

Post by Bestfoods »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Bestfoods wrote:It’s a fair point. I was a little delusional with lack of sleep and my thumbs were indeed tired.

I will redeem this!
Or maybe keep track of like 5 of these thoughts and then post them at once. Then they may meet the character limit for earning points on an article.
5 separate thoughts? You expect me to remember the prior 4? What is this a Safeway club card quota for story telling?

“I’m not a slogan machine” -Jim Gaffigan [when he was funny, not political]
Bestfoods
One Star Recruit

Post by Bestfoods »

the goat wrote:Reading this thread is like stumbling into a fever dream. I could go for some more.
Goat, I’ve got stories for days. I will forever be the flu to your fever dreams.

Fwiw, I don’t know if that is threat or a promise just yet. :lol:
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
hahahaha! :lol:
If you only knew 'Bestfoods' in real life Goat, you'd be entertained for days, nay, years!