Make or Break Pac-12 vs. Outsider Games

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Make or Break Pac-12 vs. Outsider Games

Post by StevensTechU »

Credibility relies on 2 things during the regular season: How much ESPN wants to pump you on their television programs, and how you perform in non-conference games. The former is a crapshoot we're never going to win, while the latter is going to depend on the list of games below.

Week 1
Stanford vs. Kansas State
USC vs. San Jose State (ended 2020 ranked #24)
Oregon State vs. Purdue
UCLA vs. LSU
(one could argue UA vs. BYU, but I don't think anybody really cares given how bad Arizona is)

Week 2
Oregon vs. Ohio State
uw vs. Michigan
Colorado vs. Texas A&M
Cal vs. TCU
Utah vs. BYU

Week 3
Colorado vs. Minnesota
Stanford vs. Vanderbilt
Arizona State vs. BYU

Week 8:
USC vs. Notre Dame
Washington State vs. BYU

Week 13:
Notre Dame vs. Stanford
USC vs. BYU
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Make or Break Pac-12 vs. Outsider Games

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm really torn on what I want the outcome of the washington vs. Michigan game to be. What I know for sure is that I don't want a hyper-competitive game where viewers come away thinking "Wow, that was a hell of a game with two awesome programs." So my inclination is that I either want it to be a sloppy crapfest where viewers are turned off by both teams, or I want one team to beat the other comfortably.

Who do I want to beat who comfortably? If washington wins, it's a W for the conference but also a recruiting tool for the fuskies. If Michigan wins, it's an L for the conference and Michigan will undoubtedly use it as a recruiting tool for west coast kids in the future.

I'm trying to talk myself into it being a "Win-Win." Either the huskies lose, or the conference gets a little more legitimacy
Ultimately, a husky loss paired with an Oregon win over Ohio State would be the best outcome.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I'm really hoping the Washington vs Michigan game ends up horribly bad and boring while the Oregon vs Ohio State goes down in history, especially if we shut the Buckeyes' mouth up.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

StevensTechU wrote:Ultimately, a husky loss paired with an Oregon win over Ohio State would be the best outcome.
Yes.....and I'm not torn.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Beating BYU gives us zero credit. Losing to them hurts. It’s a wasted game to play for the conference.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

DuckzRule wrote:I'm really hoping the Washington vs Michigan game ends up horribly bad and boring while the Oregon vs Ohio State goes down in history, especially if we shut the Buckeyes' mouth up.
Something along the lines of the beavis 3-0 Sun Bowel.... er, Bowl win from a few years ago would be incredibly satisfying, especially coupled with a Duck victory over tOSU.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:I'm really torn on what I want the outcome of the washington vs. Michigan game to be. What I know for sure is that I don't want a hyper-competitive game where viewers come away thinking "Wow, that was a hell of a game with two awesome programs." So my inclination is that I either want it to be a sloppy crapfest where viewers are turned off by both teams, or I want one team to beat the other comfortably.

Who do I want to beat who comfortably? If washington wins, it's a W for the conference but also a recruiting tool for the fuskies. If Michigan wins, it's an L for the conference and Michigan will undoubtedly use it as a recruiting tool for west coast kids in the future.

I'm trying to talk myself into it being a "Win-Win." Either the huskies lose, or the conference gets a little more legitimacy
Ultimately, a husky loss paired with an Oregon win over Ohio State would be the best outcome.

To answer your question: HUCK THE FUSKIES. EVERY TIME EVERY WHERE!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I completely forgot that Sam Noyer transferred to OSU. He's not a world beater, but he's a clear step up from Tristan Gebbia. He'll have a lot less time in the system, so I have no idea whether he'll start against Purdue, but I think their ceiling.ks higher with Noyer than with Gebbia, for sure.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I don't see the pac12 being favored in many of those games.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

StevensTechU wrote:
Oregon State vs. Purdue
UCLA vs. LSU
Oregon vs. Ohio State
uw vs. Michigan
Colorado vs. Texas A&M
Cal vs. TCU
Utah vs. BYU
Colorado vs. Minnesota
Stanford vs. Vanderbilt
Arizona State vs. BYU
USC vs. Notre Dame
Washington State vs. BYU
Notre Dame vs. Stanford
USC vs. BYU
I've got the Pac going 10-6 in these games, but that's just 6-6 against Power 5 schools (ex-BYU and SJSU).
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

StevensTechU wrote:I'm really torn on what I want the outcome of the washington vs. Michigan game to be. What I know for sure is that I don't want a hyper-competitive game where viewers come away thinking "Wow, that was a hell of a game with two awesome programs." So my inclination is that I either want it to be a sloppy crapfest where viewers are turned off by both teams, or I want one team to beat the other comfortably.

it would be easier to just move the fuskies to the AAC conference and be done with them ugh
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Week 1
Oregon State vs. Purdue
UCLA vs. LSU
(one could argue UA vs. BYU, but I don't think anybody really cares given how bad Arizona is)

Week 2
Oregon vs. Ohio State
uw vs. Michigan
Colorado vs. Texas A&M
Cal vs. TCU
Utah vs. BYU

Week 3
Colorado vs. Minnesota
Stanford vs. Vanderbilt
Arizona State vs. BYU

Week 8:
USC vs. Notre Dame
Washington State vs. BYU

Week 13:
Notre Dame vs. Stanford
USC vs. BYU

8-8
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:Week 1
Oregon State vs. Purdue
UCLA vs. LSU

Week 2
Oregon vs. Ohio State
uw vs. Michigan
Colorado vs. Texas A&M
Cal vs. TCU
Utah vs. BYU

Week 3
Colorado vs. Minnesota
Stanford vs. Vanderbilt
Arizona State vs. BYU

Week 8:
USC vs. Notre Dame
Washington State vs. BYU

Week 13:
Notre Dame vs. Stanford
USC vs. BYU

8-8
Week 1
Tree
SC
OSu
UCLA big upset, but then when LSU goes 7-5 people forget about the win

Week 2
UO (heart pick)
Michigan. If uw pulls it out, it’s a ugly 17-10 type game
A&M cu has zero shot here
TCU
UU

Minn
Stanford
BYU

ND
BYU

ND
SC
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

The non conference games never seem to matter in the end. I remember being all excited that Cal beat some SEC team or Arizona St beat a great big 10 team and it never really mattered. Even winning bowl games doesn't get respect. The reason why the Pac 12 gets no respect is the Pac 12 has to win when it matters the most and not cannibalize themselves like they do every year. The bad teams need to learn to lay down for the great teams like the SEC and ACC bad teams do for their great teams.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Beating BYU gives us zero credit. Losing to them hurts. It’s a wasted game to play for the conference.
I agree, that is why Larry Scott needed to be fired. The SEC knows better than to play BYU so why can't our conference get the memo. I was actually surprised that Florida State played Boise St and that of course back fired on them.