Re: Make or Break Pac-12 vs. Outsider Games

Post by StevensTechU »

StevensTechU wrote: Week 2
Oregon vs. Ohio State
uw vs. Michigan
Colorado vs. Texas A&M
Cal vs. TCU
Utah vs. BYU
Big week for the conference. Despite Cal losing to Nevada, I think they still have a good shot at beating TCU. Utah and BYU will be interesting; Utah didn't look good in week 1, but they're much better than Arizona, who kept it close with BYU. I don't expect Colorado or uw to put up much of a fight, but you never know.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Man, I think Utah is probably the only chance at a victory on that list. A really good chance we go winless.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Stanford vs. Kansas State
USC vs. San Jose State (ended 2020 ranked #24)
Oregon State vs. Purdue
UCLA vs. LSU
Oregon vs. Ohio State
uw vs. Michigan
Colorado vs. Texas A&M
Cal vs. TCU
Utah vs. BYU
Colorado vs. Minnesota
Stanford vs. Vanderbilt
Arizona State vs. BYU
USC vs. Notre Dame
Washington State vs. BYU
Notre Dame vs. Stanford
USC vs. BYU
I've got the Pac going 10-6 in these games, but that's just 6-6 against Power 5 schools (ex-BYU and SJSU).
Ouch. I would have picked very similarly. With Cal losing to TCU, Stanford to KState, and Utah to BYU there isn’t a lot of margin of error for the Pac-12 to have some respectability. Ducks over tOSU, UCLA over LSU, and Colorado keeping it close with A&M is pretty much it for now. As much as I hate to root for other Pac-12 teams to win: Stanford/Vandy, Utah/SDSU, Fresno/UCLA, and Arizona State/BYU are looking more important than they should be. Colorado favored over Minnesota, which is a bit surprising.

Other than the Notre Dame games there aren’t many more chances for the conference to impress. It doesn’t matter too much for Oregon’s goals, but getting two NY6 games and long term perception does matter.