Duck07 Thread

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Duck07 Thread

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I consider myself conservative, but I really like Bret Weinstein. Frankly, everyone should. He is pragmatic in his thoughts and rationale
That's why I like him and his wife. They're able to have great conversations with people from across the political spectrum because they're there to exchange ideas, not win a fight.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
So we should be... more racist? Less? The same racist?
Each generation of Americans is less racist than the past. Addressing specific problems is the path forward and not speaking in broad generalities with empty language that sounds good.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

This seems like the right thread:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... ssmann.pdf

Summary: Clinton campaign lawyer concocted fake story about Trump/Russian bank that the media ate up back in 2016, and is gonna go to jail for lying to FBI. One of many fake stories that our own intelligence used to spy on our own duly-elected president.

This is not new information to anybody who has been paying attention. The public is scratching the surface of the corruption at DNC/intelligence.

Sad day for constitution, rule of law, government overreach, and America as a whole.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

dd10snoop28 wrote:This seems like the right thread:

Summary: Clinton campaign lawyer concocted fake story about Trump/Russian bank that the media ate up back in 2016, and is gonna go to jail for lying to FBI. One of many fake stories that our own intelligence used to spy on our own duly-elected president.

This is not new information to anybody who has been paying attention. The public is scratching the surface of the corruption at DNC/intelligence.

Sad day for constitution, rule of law, government overreach, and America as a whole.
Sort of goes along with a chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who apparently may have committed espionage for the PRC and in so doing so, violated not only the constitution, but his responsibilities to the sitting President of the United States (Assuming of course, one buys into the revelations of Bob Woodward...).
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

woundedknees wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:This seems like the right thread:

Sort of goes along with a chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who apparently may have committed espionage for the PRC and in so doing so, violated not only the constitution, but his responsibilities to the sitting President of the United States (Assuming of course, one buys into the revelations of Bob Woodward...).
I despise Trump but I’m shocked the General Milley thing isn’t the top news story everywhere. This is steps away from a military dictatorship. Truly scary stuff. The Jan 6 insurrectionists were very troubling, but in the end they were a bunch of idiots that didn’t have the power to stop democracy. The military, however, has much more power and therfore the threat is amplified by magnitudes.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

So, the highest ranking general is concerned that the president, who lost the election and incited an insurrection, may start a nuclear war to stay in power and people are upset that he followed his oath to defend the country from a domestic threat?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit

Post by huckthefuskies »

I would probably be ok with your take if after it played out and the president did not do what the general feared the general stepped up admitted he was wrong and accepted punishment for his actions. That is not what it looks like to me though and against the militaries preaching of chain of command and being held accountable when you break it mantra.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Karl I'm sorry I can't call that poor pitiful protest an intersection. No plan, no actions of trying to control the government.... Just a bunch of angry people trying to make a scene. Instructions have some kind of governmental action. They didn't even demand that congress pass laws or change actions.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Insurrection. Sorry I didn't watch the auto spell checker.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

karlhungis wrote:So, the highest ranking general is concerned that the president, who lost the election and incited an insurrection, may start a nuclear war to stay in power and people are upset that he followed his oath to defend the country from a domestic threat?
I totally understand where you are coming from Karl. Yes, it was definitely a concern that Trump would do something dumb. However, there are multiple safeguards in place that protect against an illegal order (nuking a country unprovoked would certainly qualify as an illegal order). Had an illegal order been issued the generals would be obligated to refuse it and the president could be removed by his cabinet. Congress could have gotten involved as well. The issue is that Milley started calling the shots on his own because he didn't like politically what was happening. This is illegal and IMHO, very scary.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:So, the highest ranking general is concerned that the president, who lost the election and incited an insurrection, may start a nuclear war to stay in power and people are upset that he followed his oath to defend the country from a domestic threat?
Listen, anyone can interpret the events of Jan 6th and the dorks who were cos-playing all they want and it's hard to tell someone their interpretation is wrong even if our democracy was not under threat in any manner. If the electoral votes weren't' certified that night, SCOTUS was not going to make a ruling that says Trump remains in office. It's incredulous to think that intelligent people would even see this as a possibility but that isn't even the biggest problem...

This nugget that Milley was somehow concerned of an unprovoked nuclear strike is so far outside the realm of legitimate, rational thought that any normal thinking person should be able to see it for the utter BS that it is. That he gets the new "Yaaasss Queen" treatment shows how far the "pravda" has gone.

Falling for partisanship is the dumbest thing a person can do because you're saying you believe in Mitch McConnell or Nancy Pelosi in essence and I'm not sure which of them is worse. MM is at least honest that he's scum whereas Pelosi tries to convince you she's an angel.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Why is the discussion about Milley? He should be fired on the spot for not upholding his basic consitutional duty. End of story.

Back tom original post:

Do people not understand the implication that the most powerful institutions in the world - who have the ability to compile 99% of your online/phone information - worked furiously to investigate, castigate, and remove a president based on a concocted hoax about Trump/Russia collusion?

I realize that most everyone has accepted whatever the media fed them the last 5 years so the gap between truth and perception is so far apart that most people will never arrive even close to the truth, but let me try to put it to scale: Anybody who claims that they are worried about Jan 6 as an "insurrection/coup" should realize - once they discover the facts for themselves - that the Russia Hoax was the greatest attack on our Constitutional Republic in the history of the U.S. Point blank.

If your response to my assertion is some partisan statement that "Trump is this or Trump is that", that is nonsense. The people elected Trump. They didn't elect any of the multitude of crooks that actively perpetrated false narratives to overthrow a duly-elected president.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Why is the discussion about Milley? He should be fired on the spot for not upholding his basic consitutional duty. End of story.

Back tom original post:

Do people not understand the implication that the most powerful institutions in the world - who have the ability to compile 99% of your online/phone information - worked furiously to investigate, castigate, and remove a president based on a concocted hoax about Trump/Russia collusion?

I realize that most everyone has accepted whatever the media fed them the last 5 years so the gap between truth and perception is so far apart that most people will never arrive even close to the truth, but let me try to put it to scale: Anybody who claims that they are worried about Jan 6 as an "insurrection/coup" should realize - once they discover the facts for themselves - that the Russia Hoax was the greatest attack on our Constitutional Republic in the history of the U.S. Point blank.

If your response to my assertion is some partisan statement that "Trump is this or Trump is that", that is nonsense. The people elected Trump. They didn't elect any of the multitude of crooks that actively perpetrated false narratives to overthrow a duly-elected president.
Who would have thought the people who would be standing up to the FBI are young female gymnasts? (Watching Maroney and Biles testify was sickening) The whole thing is rotten because there are no consequences for your actions, which is why the Milley tangent likely popped up.

The drone strike that killed 10 innocent people is just what the last 20 years in Iraq/Afghanistan but We The People are sheep by and large which is why we let Congress own stock in the companies they regulate (or don't).
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'd urge everyone to exercise patience before drawing too many conclusions about MM.

We first heard of his alleged unilateral actions through the framing of a book (written by a former Trump official) in the heat of its pre-publication marketing campaign. How many of these books (and similar leaks) have we seen over the past four or five years? These leaks are always sensational (let's face it, the source material is pretty nutty) but they definitely don't always pan out.

Before we praise MM as a hero or condemn him as a traitor, let's give this some time to learn more about what actually happened. It could be that he was just doing his job and someone looking to sell a book took his actions out of context.

EDIT: Also, I can't let these comments about "the Russia hoax" stand without providing a correction for those who'd like to see it. The Mueller Report was incredibly thorough, and while it concluded that there wasn't enough evidence to indict on conspiracy charges, it definitely did not absolve the Trump campaign of wrongdoing. It's nonsensical to say we shouldn't have investigated what was confirmed to have happened.

https://time.com/5610317/mueller-report ... breakdown/

And with that... I'm getting out of here and going back to football.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:I'd urge everyone to exercise patience before drawing too many conclusions about MM.

We first heard of his alleged unilateral actions through the framing of a book (written by a former Trump official) in the heat of its pre-publication marketing campaign. How many of these books (and similar leaks) have we seen over the past four or five years? These leaks are always sensational (let's face it, the source material is pretty nutty) but they definitely don't always pan out.

Before we praise MM as a hero or condemn him as a traitor, let's give this some time to learn more about what actually happened. It could be that he was just doing his job and someone looking to sell a book took his actions out of context.

And with that... I'm getting out of here and going back to football.
The irony of saying "wait for more information before judging" and then labeling Trump as a Russian operative for 5yrs.