Re: Duck07 Thread

Post by duckfan22 »

My wife makes the best breakfasts so if she were to do that for dinner
who am i to argue
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Anyone else cool with dinner for breakfast or am I just crazy?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

When my wife is late getting home, I usually make myself an omelette quick and easy. So no Breakfast is fine anytime.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Dinner for breakfast is fine if breakfast is dinner.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ok good, just making sure we were all on the same page. I suppose this is where JRRT got the idea of second breakfasts.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Ok good, just making sure we were all on the same page. I suppose this is where JRRT got the idea of second breakfasts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_breakfast
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I've done scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns for dinner before while also doing leftover Chinese food and ribs (not together) for breakfast so it all depends on what your hungry for at that particular meal.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Breakfast shouldn’t be related to time. It is amazing any time on the 24 hour clock (especially at 13 Coins, Eggs Benedict works 24/7). Ever watch Bourdain in S.E. Asia? Sweat-induced, super spicy ramen in the morning is the norm. Eff that.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Who here lives in the Portland area, and where do you go for the best country-fried steak?

My favorite is at Miss Delta in the Mississippi district, but since the pandemic started I've mainly been slumming it with local options in the Gresham area.

Country-fried steak, to me, is strictly a breakfast food. I don't understand people who order it for dinner with mashed potatoes and veges. It's gotta be served with hashbrowns, eggs over medium, and preferably a side biscuit with extra gravy. I'll make an allowance for high-grade fried or grilled potatoes, but they've got to be good to overrule hashbrowns.

The silver lining to that 9 a.m. Ohio State kickoff was watching with a hot CFS delivered from Biscuits Cafe.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The first year we were married, my wife and I lived in Ashland, Oregon... (1974) The week we left, a restaurant opened in Medford named "Laurel and Hardie's. Their breakfast special was New York Steak and eggs, the "eggs" being a 2 egg omelet of your choice, along with an 8 oz. steak (cooked to order), and hash browns.

I found that restaurant on my way to pick her up from work, the day we moved back to Lane County.

By the time we got back for a visit, 3 months later, the place was gone.

I shed a tear (Okay, I whined a bit)!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pezsez1 wrote:Who here lives in the Portland area, and where do you go for the best country-fried steak?

My favorite is at Miss Delta in the Mississippi district, but since the pandemic started I've mainly been slumming it with local options in the Gresham area.

Country-fried steak, to me, is strictly a breakfast food. I don't understand people who order it for dinner with mashed potatoes and veges. It's gotta be served with hashbrowns, eggs over medium, and preferably a side biscuit with extra gravy. I'll make an allowance for high-grade fried or grilled potatoes, but they've got to be good to overrule hashbrowns.

The silver lining to that 9 a.m. Ohio State kickoff was watching with a hot CFS delivered from Biscuits Cafe.
Black Bear Diner is the best for quantity at least. Not the best but the 'Grizz' version will feed 3 people.

Stepping Stone Cafe is pretty decent; you have to get their pancakes to go on the side for sure though.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Matt Orfalea is great.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:Matt Orfalea is great.

Imagine all the bow ties that guy has been able to buy, thanks to pushing this stuff.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Those compilations never get old haha.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Just watched the one pinned to his twitter too. Outstanding. So glad someone is doing that; it's important to remember these charlatans when they load up for the next round of propaganda.