Helton out at SC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Helton out at SC

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:I think it would benefit everyone if USC was good again. Our conference needs someone from the south to be consistently competitive, and SC is the most likely program to be able to pull that off. The media loves SC, and them being relevant would automatically give the Pac-12 more legitimacy. For Oregon, you could actually afford to drop a game during the season because beating a top 5-10 SC team in the conference champ game would immediately launch you into the CFP. As it stands we have to be perfect, which is extremely hard even with an elite team.

If it means losing to them every once in a while but the conference sending a team to the CFP every year then it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the flip side, Oklahoma and Clemson just roll through their conference each year and get CFP bids annually. I don't think we need a competitor
Oklahoma about to be on the outside looking in this year because their conference is crap and they don't play anybody.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Duck07 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:I think it would benefit everyone if USC was good again. Our conference needs someone from the south to be consistently competitive, and SC is the most likely program to be able to pull that off. The media loves SC, and them being relevant would automatically give the Pac-12 more legitimacy. For Oregon, you could actually afford to drop a game during the season because beating a top 5-10 SC team in the conference champ game would immediately launch you into the CFP. As it stands we have to be perfect, which is extremely hard even with an elite team.

If it means losing to them every once in a while but the conference sending a team to the CFP every year then it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the flip side, Oklahoma and Clemson just roll through their conference each year and get CFP bids annually. I don't think we need a competitor
Oklahoma about to be on the outside looking in this year because their conference is crap and they don't play anybody.
If Oklahoma don't lose this season, they will most likely be in the CFP. Although I would love to see a scenario where they're perfect this season and do not get in the CFP. Top teams should get some leeway when their conference become irrelevant but they shouldn't get any slack for scheduling cupcake OOC opponents.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Everythingsducky wrote:Assuming Donte doesn’t make in-season coordinator changes, what will change this year for them? Donte is a great recruiter, but taking over the room? Don’t see SC being any different the rest of the year. MC already gets some of the best SoCal talent to UO. Why deal with unreal expectations every year?
If Donte has couple more dominating wins, look for USC to say he's their guy.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't see Oklahoma winning out if they don't improve. The Big 12 ain't great, but there are enough dangerous teams to beat that squad some weekend.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Personally, I think that if Urban Meyer were to jump back into college football, LSU would be a better fit for him than USC. Yes, he did well at Utah, but I think he's more of an SEC guy over the Pac-12.

Regarding MC, I can potentially see the Miami (FL) job opening after this season or next. They've started the regular season ranked high and been embarrassed twice by Alabama and Michigan State. I'm not sure if he'd leave or not? He'd be at the peak of the rebuilding process here and would have to start all over there.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

SuperDuck wrote:Personally, I think that if Urban Meyer were to jump back into college football, LSU would be a better fit for him than USC. Yes, he did well at Utah, but I think he's more of an SEC guy over the Pac-12.

Regarding MC, I can potentially see the Miami (FL) job opening after this season or next. They've started the regular season ranked high and been embarrassed twice by Alabama and Michigan State. I'm not sure if he'd leave or not? He'd be at the peak of the rebuilding process here and would have to start all over there.
Miami offered him already, and he said no. They then hired the next guy on the list.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

SuperDuck wrote:Personally, I think that if Urban Meyer were to jump back into college football, LSU would be a better fit for him than USC. Yes, he did well at Utah, but I think he's more of an SEC guy over the Pac-12.

I don't think there is a high chance Mario considers leaving UO unless its for the Alabama HC job.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

alxtw wrote:

I don't think there is a high chance Mario considers leaving UO unless its for the Alabama HC job.
Didn’t Saban recently sign an extension that has him at Bama til he is 120? If healthy, he is probably there another 4-5 years unless he gets bored of winning…maybe longer.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Everythingsducky wrote:
alxtw wrote:

Didn’t Saban recently sign an extension that has him at Bama til he is 120? If healthy, he is probably there another 4-5 years unless he gets bored of winning…maybe longer.
They are going to go the futurama route and just have Saban's head in a jar coaching for eternity.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!