Ducks Jump To #3 in AP Poll

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Ducks Jump To #3 in AP Poll

Post by SuperDuck »

Oregon jumped Oklahoma to #3 in the AP Poll. The Sooners have had two lackluster performances against both Tulane and Nebraska, which led to them dropping one spot.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Oregon
4. Oklahoma
5. Iowa
6. Penn State
7. Texas A&M
8. Cincinnati
9. Clemson
10. Ohio State

Also, Fresno State entered the Poll at #22 after beating #24 UCLA yesterday, 40-37.
John 3:36
jimmy12
Senior

Re: Ducks Jump To #3 in AP Poll

Post by jimmy12 »

Neat—- win out. That’s all
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Deserved. Only Oregon and Penn State have two top 25 wins.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I mean I don't think we are the 3rd best team.....but I guess we are?

This is a weird year though as I feel like the top teams are a clear step down from their usual standing.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I mean I don't think we are the 3rd best team.....but I guess we are?

This is a weird year though as I feel like the top teams are a clear step down from their usual standing.
I feel like in a normal year Oregon wouldn’t be the 3rd best team but nobody in the nation looks dominant so maybe Oregon is a top 3 team this year.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I mean I don't think we are the 3rd best team.....but I guess we are?

With the team we fielded against Stony Brook, definitely not. If our bad luck on the injury front reverses itself (everyone that has a chance to return comes back, and others don't keep dropping like flies), then maybe.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

The second half team perhaps
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Even Alabama looked a step or two down from its usual, dominant self this year.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

alxtw wrote:Even Alabama looked a step or two down from its usual, dominant self this year.
This is a fact. I watched much of the game vs Florida and the Gators were consistently gashing them with their run game.

I was wondering to myself if we could matchup with Georgia or Alabama after I saw that we'd jumped to #3 in the AP Poll and my first thought was no, but after rethinking it, I think we could play with either of them, especially if KT is healthy.
John 3:36
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

SuperDuck wrote:
alxtw wrote:Even Alabama looked a step or two down from its usual, dominant self this year.
This is a fact. I watched much of the game vs Florida and the Gators were consistently gashing them with their run game.

I was wondering to myself if we could matchup with Georgia or Alabama after I saw that we'd jumped to #3 in the AP Poll and my first thought was no, but after rethinking it, I think we could play with either of them, especially if KT is healthy.
Most people are projecting us to face Georgia in the CFP semifinals, I believe that if the projections become true, then the game won't be as much of a blowout than people think it would be, I believe that a healthy Oregon team will be able to compete with Georgia and maybe Alabama, I'm currently predicting an Oregon vs Bama natty and if we win we'll be the next Clemson.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The way I see the CFP right is it's Bama, Georgia, Oregon and the B10 champ but it'd likely get slotted so the SEC wouldn't have a rematch of their CG.

I think an undefeated B10 champ would rank above us but ultimately we've just got to take care of our business every week and we'll make it.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Duck07 wrote:The way I see the CFP right is it's Bama, Georgia, Oregon and the B10 champ but it'd likely get slotted so the SEC wouldn't have a rematch of their CG.

I think an undefeated B10 champ would rank above us but ultimately we've just got to take care of our business every week and we'll make it.
It's either gonna be Penn State or Iowa, Iowa making the playoffs would be weird.