MC was angry

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: MC was angry

Post by northbeachsf »

Finally saw that shot to Franklin and that was total bull$hit. You can see the Stony Brook player lead with his forearm right into Franklin's helmet after Thorton is 15 yards beyond and clearly going to score. It looked intentional and how it was not flagged is beyond me. Then the sidelines are celebrating like they just won the Super Bowl and their coach is acting like it was a good play. Glad to see Mario sticking up for his players. We are lucky to have him.

If the tables were turned, I know Mario would have sat that player down immediately.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

its nice to see Mario has his players back and i would hate to
piss him off in a dark alley. Stony brook had a big chip on their shoulder
and Mario would have had no problem knocking that chip off...
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

And then he would proceed to knock of some other body parts.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Phalanx wrote:Another angle of the confrontation. Gives a better view of who Mario is actually directing the F-bombs towards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOaDQF7wjBA

Not really surprising there was no handshake a little while later.

Yikes, so I watched the collision from this view about 10 times now and I'm not so sure the S.B. player intentionally targeted Franklin. Looks like he was chasing the play and Franklin suddenly was knocked into the path of the SB player who raised his arms to brace against the sudden and unexpected impact.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Love that Franklin was willing to block so long, but he also needs to be aware of the situation. Guys blocking when the ball carrier is already 10 yards passed them, tend to get stupid holding penalties. One Thornton was past him, he should have stopped blocking and headed to the end zone to celebrate. Nothing good happens when you are still blocking and the guy is so far gone Bolt couldn’t catch him.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

I didn't find it to be particularly malicious myself. Just seemed like unfortunate timing and a quick, unprepared reaction by the defender.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Love that Franklin was willing to block so long, but he also needs to be aware of the situation. Guys blocking when the ball carrier is already 10 yards passed them, tend to get stupid holding penalties. One Thornton was past him, he should have stopped blocking and headed to the end zone to celebrate. Nothing good happens when you are still blocking and the guy is so far gone Bolt couldn’t catch him.
While I agree about late blocking, when Franklin first initiates the block he is ahead of Thornton and without Franklin the defender would have had a low percentage chance at getting him. I froze this at 6, 7, 8 and 9 seconds and I think that collision between Franklin and SB 17 was accidental. If the SB coaches saw it the same way that's probably what the argument was about.
justin_f
One Star Recruit

Post by justin_f »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Another angle of the confrontation. Gives a better view of who Mario is actually directing the F-bombs towards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOaDQF7wjBA

Not really surprising there was no handshake a little while later.

Yikes, so I watched the collision from this view about 10 times now and I'm not so sure the S.B. player intentionally targeted Franklin. Looks like he was chasing the play and Franklin suddenly was knocked into the path of the SB player who raised his arms to brace against the sudden and unexpected impact.
I agree looks accidental

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I don’t remember that specific play and haven’t seen a replay with an angle of the hit on Franklin, but I will say there were plenty of late/cheap shots from Stony Brook way before that play.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Do you think the Stony Brook coach was worried about how tight Mario’s grip was going to be on that post-game handshake? :lol: :lol:
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

good angle. It looks like when thornton suddenly went right the defender also went right and slammed right into franklin who stepped back from his block. I agree from this angle it didn't look intentional and the defender only had a split second to react. But even if it wasn't intentional it warrants a penalty call for a hit to the neck/head area.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The defender was 20 yards behind him, and looks more like he hits Troy with a forearm. Looked pretty intentional to me. But still not near as bad as the face mask on Seven. They had a angle during the game from the opposite side, and you can see clearly the defender could have ram right past Troy, instead angles right into him.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Defenders are charged with making split second decisions on every play in college football about where to hit and how hard. This player had plenty of time comparatively to make that decision. In addition, he hit him in the neck. He should've been ejected.
I get that players shouldn't give up on plays, but that defender was not going to catch the WR and make a tackle.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Do you think the Stony Brook coach was worried about how tight Mario’s grip was going to be on that post-game handshake? :lol: :lol:
You see the SB coaches arms? He ain’t worried. See the interview with him. Dude is Feld-like.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Everythingsducky wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:Do you think the Stony Brook coach was worried about how tight Mario’s grip was going to be on that post-game handshake? :lol: :lol:
You see the SB coaches arms? He ain’t worried. See the interview with him. Dude is Feld-like.
Dude looked coked-out too, see how much his nose was leaking?