MC was angry

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: MC was angry

Post by pezsez1 »

Just rewatched it on that link Phalanx provided, and I agree it was intentional -- I honestly don't even know why this is being debated.

I get it that it's football and collisions happen, but in the telecast you can literally see the SB player gathering and attacking in the final moment. He intended to take our player out.

I've watched several games this season and while I'm not aware of an official rule change, I feel that officials are going a bit easier on targeting calls than in previous years. The key difference seems to be that they're looking for evidence of intent, such as the defensive player lunging or leaving his feet to attack the offensive player. I've seen at least a few targeting calls reversed that almost certainly would have been ejections last year.

Had targeting been called in this case, I'm pretty confident the SB player would have been tossed.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:It was an unnecessary pop.....but honestly, we see 2-3 of those each game on both sides. It was nothing egregious or out of the ordinary. It's football, and like it or not, guys will take a free legal shot when they can.
Agreed.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I'm glad to see MC sticking up for our guys. At the same time, i don't think the guy was being as malicious as some are making it seem.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

spacefrog13x wrote:I think MC was more pissed that the Stony Brook sideline seamed to celebrate the hit that injured a player, than the play itself.
We can keep analyzing the hit but this is the issue right here. There was a consistent level of dirty play throughout the game (that face mask was so bad), and if the sideline was celebrating these plays, Mario likely took the opportunity where he’s standing over a hurt player on their sideline to say something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Some of y'all are too young to remember this hit

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

justducky0 wrote:Some of y'all are too young to remember this hit

oh i remember that one one of the hardest hits ive seen..
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckfan22 wrote:
justducky0 wrote:Some of y'all are too young to remember this hit

oh i remember that one one of the hardest hits ive seen..
I was 10 years old and vividly remember watching that live. 10 y/o me thought it was one of the coolest things of all time haha.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

In today’s game it would have been targeting and the Arizona St player would have to sit out a down because he lost his helmet. Part of the reason I watch football is for the same reason I watch the PBR, the wrecks!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I was at that game (and a student) when that hit happened! Fun times.
Willie Taggart is a dick.