Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Post by StevensTechU »

To those saying PhDs are vaccinated at low rates, please link/share data along with the claim. Personally, it really doesn't check out. My company, which is 60% researchers who have PhDs (chemistry and biology, a few medical doctors), is "over 90% vaccinated" according to an internal survey put out regarding reopening our offices. That's a sample size of 600 distributed largely in the northwest and northeast.

Some easy to find data while I sit on a train. Definitely appears that more educated (advanced degrees) correlates with higher vaccination rates.

Most educated US states/districts & vax rates (age 18-64):
Washington D.C. (33% have advanced degree)- 66% vax rate
Massachusetts (20% advanced degree)- 73% vax rate

Least educated:
Arkansas (8.3% advanced degree)- 45% vax rate
West Virginia (8.4%)- 39% vax rate

Data-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... attainment
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus- ... ne-tracker

Edit:
I found the publication of the Carnegie Mellon/UPittsburgh Facebook survey asking to self identify education and vaccination hesitancy. It notes that, essentially, very few PhDs responded to the survey, and some people may have said they have more education than they do.

Here are survey results from. May showing over 90% of people with an advanced degree had at least one dose by that point in spring, which casts even more doubt on the CMU survey. 77k sample size.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-manage ... l#table-01
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pezsez1 wrote:
This is true, and it isn't new information. Natural immunity appears to be stronger and more durable than vaccine-induced immunity.

However, the data shows that vaccine-induced immunity is clearly strong enough to keep people out of the hospital, and that makes vaccines our quickest path toward normalcy without thousands more unnecessary deaths and the breaking of our healthcare system.

And, ultimately, that's all that counts -- that eventually we'll all have been either infected or vaccinated and none of this will matter anymore.
I think this post misses the main point though - vaccine passports, like the one that was the impetus for this thread, make zero sense for people who have had Covid, since they have acquired a much stronger immunity than just having the shot. An environment free from politicization and corporate influence should easily deduce this.

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/sta ... wsrc%5Etfw
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I think this post misses the main point though - vaccine passports, like the one that was the impetus for this thread, make zero sense for people who have had Covid, since they have acquired a much stronger immunity than just having the shot. An environment free from politicization and corporate influence should easily deduce this.
I honestly do see your point, and to an extent I even agree. It would be nice if we had a more eloquent means of handling this. But without the infrastructure in place (or political will) to test everyone and confirm antibody status, it just seems easier and more feasible to handle it this way.

I get it that some people are just 100 percent against vaccines, and, for them, vaccine passports will always be intolerable. All I can say is this is a temporary fix for a crappy (but passing) situation and hopefully, if there's a next time, we can find a better way and not get caught flat-footed.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Turns out studies are showing what everyone who doesn't listen to media/democrats already knew: not only does getting the virus provide natural immunit, but in certain circumstances, it gives you a 27 TIMES (TWENTY SEVEN) better protection than the "vaccines".

We've known this since day 1 but we know media/politicians never included this as an "immunized" group because the global interest is in a worldwide vaccination, not actually about health or saving lives.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Want to actually learn something scientific from a real physician? This will be the most useful information you have received in the last 19 months, stripped of political motivation to force "vaccines" down your throat.

https://rumble.com/vhp7y5-full-intervie ... ccine.html
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Your president puppet dictator is creating a 2nd-class citizen that is opposed to what the science says:

-CDC president and officials have publicly acknowledged that they are seeing and continue to expect to see severe cases/hsopitlaization/deaths increase among those who are "vaccinated" as the vaccine wanes with new variants.
-Data from highly vacccinated areas are showing similar levels of cases between vaccinated/unvaccinated groups (Israel/Iceland/Hawaii etc...)

So probably very soon, the vaccine will not do any of the things that it was alleged to do:
-prevent transmission
-prevent cases
-prevent contraction
-prevent death
-prevent hospitalization

The only thing that the "vaccine" has going for it is that while hosp/deaths are increasing for people who get the "Vaccine", they are not increasing as the same rate as cases...yet. However, as more doctors are realizing that the vaccines are are not what they thought it would be, there are more studies coming out (12 months too late!) that certain treatments provide greater reduction in hosp/deaths than the vaccine itself (which will continue to wane more and more; while therapeutics/in-pateient treatment will not).
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

Hmmm….

During the COVID-19 pandemic, McCullough advocated for early treatment including hydroxychloroquine.

Ya. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

This has turned into quite the tinfoil hat thread.

Here is actual info, if anyone is interested (vaxxed have 1/10th the risk of hospitalization and 1/11th the risk of dying compared to snoop/people who put vaccination in quotation marks).

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/ ... d-cdc.html
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

ElPatoLoco wrote:Hmmm….

During the COVID-19 pandemic, McCullough advocated for early treatment including hydroxychloroquine.

Ya. No thanks.

You are ill-informed if you think that hydroxychloroquine is not a legitimate form of treatment for COVID. A study a few months ago showed that those w/ the virus on a ventilator had 100% increased chance of survival if taking hydroxychloroquine + other treatment.

Your point about hydroxychloroquine actually demonstrates my point well that the majority of people have been brainwashed by media/politicans to think that hydroxychloroquine is dangerous. Watch the video. The false study that caused world to go crazy in regards to hydroxychloroquine was withdrawn because it was totally bogus.

Crazy how even 12 months later people still are believing the lie they were fed.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

StevensTechU wrote:This has turned into quite the tinfoil hat thread.

Here is actual info, if anyone is interested (vaxxed have 1/10th the risk of hospitalization and 1/11th the risk of dying compared to snoop/people who put vaccination in quotation marks).

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/ ... d-cdc.html
Not so. I'd appreciate it if you showed me respect and did not label me as some wacko. Otherwise, you allow for government officials to create an antongonistic environment for those who choose not to get a "vaccine" that is losing its effectiveness with each new variant. Every statement I made is supported by medical papers, scientific studies, and/or actual quotes of politicians/media members. If you have a specific question, rather than a false portrayal of who I am, please PM me and I can forward the study/data that I am referencing.

I urge you not to fall into the trap the administration is trying to set by creating a second class of citizens who are inferior and should be excluded from society cuz that's what is happening.

There is a reason that I put "vaccine" in quotation mark, and it is scientific!
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

No Mamés.

dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Six government employees have filed a lawsuit against the state of OR asserting that they should be exempt from the state's COVID-19 vaccination requirements because they have natural immunity after they became sick with the virus.

Just a reminder: recent studies have shown that natural immunity provide 27x the protection from the virus compared to experimental therapeutics.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/09 ... um=twitter
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Six government employees have filed a lawsuit against the state of OR asserting that they should be exempt from the state's COVID-19 vaccination requirements because they have natural immunity after they became sick with the virus.

Just a reminder: recent studies have shown that natural immunity provide 27x the protection from the virus compared to experimental therapeutics.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/09 ... um=twitter
Thanks for the heads up. Good for them.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Just to clarify for the group... the above stats are about breakthrough infections, not preventing overall hospitalizations or deaths. This is still a pandemic of the unvaccinated, with unvaccinated people still 11x more likely to die of COVID according to the most recent studies. People who have breakthrough infections (unvaccinated or not) are extremely unlikely to suffer severe symptoms because their bodies know how to attack the virus. Unvaccinated people who've never encountered the virus are fresh meat.

That said... I get this argument and I even kind of agree with it.

In a perfect world, I'd agree that folks who've recovered from COVID should be given the same privileges as those who've been vaccinated. But for that to happen, we'd need better data about waning natural immunity (which, according to those Israel studies, has shown to decline similar to vaccine immunity). We'd also need some kind of passport system for folks who have naturally recovered after having their cases confirmed via testing -- and, currently, we don't have that. We don't even have a proper vaccine passport system, which was a major failing of the Trump administration and is now a failing of the Biden administration.

Would definitely be nice though if we had that infrastructure in place.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Just to clarify for the group... the above stats are about breakthrough infections, not preventing overall hospitalizations or deaths. This is still a pandemic of the unvaccinated, with unvaccinated people still 11x more likely to die of COVID according to the most recent studies. People who have breakthrough infections (unvaccinated or not) are extremely unlikely to suffer severe symptoms because their bodies know how to attack the virus. Unvaccinated people who've never encountered the virus are fresh meat.

That said... I get this argument and I even kind of agree with it.

In a perfect world, I'd agree that folks who've recovered from COVID should be given the same privileges as those who've been vaccinated. But for that to happen, we'd need better data about waning natural immunity (which, according to those Israel studies, has shown to decline similar to vaccine immunity). We'd also need some kind of passport system for folks who have naturally recovered after having their cases confirmed via testing -- and, currently, we don't have that. We don't even have a proper vaccine passport system, which was a major failing of the Trump administration and is now a failing of the Biden administration.

Would definitely be nice though if we had that infrastructure in place.
"Pandemic of the unvaccinated".

A vaccinated person in Israel is more liable to spread the virus than an unvaccinated person at this point...... are you going to blame the rise in cases in Israel against the vaccinated? Using your logic, you should.