#3 Georgia vs #11 Oregon (Sept. 3, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Re: Georgia vs Oregon (Sept. 3, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by droop10 »

greenyellow wrote:
I assumed it had been sold out for ages, as I haven't seen any tickets available outside of resale. Hoping the price still goes down as we get closer to the game. I'm committed either way, as I have everything booked, but am gambling on lower ticket prices for the game! $225+ for upper deck seems excessive for a regular season game.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

It's asinine how expensive football games are, especially ones that require air travel and additional lodging (you basically have to treat them as mini-vacations). Hell, even driving from Portland is going to stretch the wallet thin this year given the high fuel costs.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

DmoneyDuck wrote:It's asinine how expensive football games are, especially ones that require air travel and additional lodging (you basically have to treat them as mini-vacations). Hell, even driving from Portland is going to stretch the wallet thin this year given the high fuel costs.
I never understood this logic. From $2.50-$4/gallon that's $1.50/gallon extra. 100 miles each way, 20 miles/gallon just to be extra cautious. That amounts to 10 gallons of gas, so that changes it from $25 to $40. Don't get me wrong, plenty of things are hitting the pocket books extra hard, but this just isn't one of them.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The only real hurdle to attending Oregon home games is the 7:30 p.m. kickoff slot. Sounds like they're going to become more common as the Pac-10 fights for relevance.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Me and my two brothers were actually going to go to this game but nosebleed seats are $300. I'll watch it on TV...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pudgejeff wrote:
DmoneyDuck wrote:It's asinine how expensive football games are, especially ones that require air travel and additional lodging (you basically have to treat them as mini-vacations). Hell, even driving from Portland is going to stretch the wallet thin this year given the high fuel costs.
I never understood this logic. From $2.50-$4/gallon that's $1.50/gallon extra. 100 miles each way, 20 miles/gallon just to be extra cautious. That amounts to 10 gallons of gas, so that changes it from $25 to $40. Don't get me wrong, plenty of things are hitting the pocket books extra hard, but this just isn't one of them.
Is anyone else wondering where they can get $4 gas? I do most of my filling up in North Portland and Vancouver (130 miles or so from Autzen), so I may be missing something, but I did just look up Flying J off I-5 in Aurora - they are getting $4.60/gallon.

Anyway, carry on.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Is anyone else wondering where they can get $4 gas? I do most of my filling up in North Portland and Vancouver (130 miles or so from Autzen), so I may be missing something, but I did just look up Flying J off I-5 in Aurora - they are getting $4.60/gallon.

Anyway, carry on.
Right?! I just filled up at Costco for $4.80 a gallon. Six home games this year ... it adds up (especially when everything is increasing in price).

Back to the game, I'd like to see an aggressive approach on both sides of the field. You aren't beating the SEC's elite teams playing conservative.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

Anyway, carry on.

$3.57 here. Of course I live on the GA/FL border, so there's that.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Ha! After I commented here, I happened on the 76 station in Gladstone selling regular for $3.99. The line was spilling into the street, so I gather that is not a common price, but I was on empty in my Expedition, so it saved a few bucks. Just thought I'd pass it along in case there are any other east-siders here.
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: #3 Georgia vs #11 Oregon (Sept. 3, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by SuperDuck »

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and say that Oregon beats Georgia. I think it'll be a close game, not too high scoring and still be in doubt in the 4th Qtr, but I think the Ducks will win.

We definitely have some gaps to fill, but not like they do. They're missing 8 starters on defense from last year, not to mention Dan Lanning.

Their offense has also taken a major hit, as well. They have 7 starters returning, but they're missing 2 starters from the left side of the O-Line. Like us, they're also replacing their top 2 running backs, and their best receiver transferred to Alabama.

I'm not saying they won't be formidable. Far from it. I just don't see the "blowout" the media keeps referring to. They're still a very good football team, but so is Oregon.

I think it'll be like a 24-17, 20-17, 24-21 type of game in Oregon's favor.

Just my 2 bits. :-)
John 3:36
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

SuperDuck wrote:I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and say that Oregon beats Georgia. I think it'll be a close game, not too high scoring and still be in doubt in the 4th Qtr, but I think the Ducks will win.

We definitely have some gaps to fill, but not like they do. They're missing 8 starters on defense from last year, not to mention Dan Lanning.

Their offense has also taken a major hit, as well. They have 7 starters returning, but they're missing 2 starters from the left side of the O-Line. Like us, they're also replacing their top 2 running backs, and their best receiver transferred to Alabama.

I'm not saying they won't be formidable. Far from it. I just don't see the "blowout" the media keeps referring to. They're still a very good football team, but so is Oregon.

I think it'll be like a 24-17, 20-17, 24-21 type of game in Oregon's favor.

Just my 2 bits. :-)
Thank you for this projection! I don't understand why people think it will be a blowout in Georgia's favor, they lost various players, I've been praying for a while that Oregon wins or gets a close loss that doesn't completely get them outside of the CFP, I've also been thinking Georgia could have a somewhat down season like LSU's in 2020.

Go Ducks!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Clackamas Costco 4.26 as of 3 minutes ago. My CRV only holds 11 gallons but gets ~40MPG on I-5.
Last edited by GrandpaDuck on Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Clackamas Costco 4.26 as of 3 minutes ago.
Where we at on footlong hot dogs?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Clackamas Costco 4.26 as of 3 minutes ago.
Where we at on footlong hot dogs?
Good question, they need need a website to check hot dog prices like they have for gas.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Always $1.50 at Costco!

Costco hot dogs and chicken are the only inflation proof commodities