GM: Charlotte Hornets

Re: Official GM Rankings (3rd Edition)

Post by Cellar-door »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:I'm confused by the GM Poll Rankings on the right? What's that exactly?
He asked some GMs to make a list and that is their result.

Man, wild that I got to the ECF and dropped like 12 spots in the rankings.
Just too nefarious. :lol:

Tbf though the GM rankings ranked you considerably higher. Heck, I was probably the lowest if your overall ranking was 12, and mine was still above your final ranking.
I think it's partially a difference in approach. I build good teams, and don't do multi-season tanks, or mortgage out multiple future years that often that means a lot of ECF and ECSF teams, but no title, on the other hand it means fewer multi-season dry spells as well.
Basically this. My rankings are slanted towards teams that are willing to - when the opportunity presents itself - take a risk to make a run at a championship, while not totally forsaking their future. Boom is an example. You could argue rockets could/should be lower, but they made attempts to go for it a couple of times and were really close to doing so....

IMO, there is not much separation between tiers 3 +4 so ya...
^ This

As long as it's done in a smart way, once you have 1-2 superstars you should push in your chips to go all out to win. Having your picks isn't as important if you're already a 50 win team and you can add really quality players in this league every year for expiring and a 1st.

- Darrell Griffith
- Scottie Pippen
- Prime Barkley
- Magic Johnson
etc

Were all moved for only 1-2 picks
I kind of did this, in moving for Brogan, problem I then ran into was salary, so I had to decide between 1 more run with Sasha, or a bit of a re-set, Heat were a juggernaut, so I did the latter and I think it was the right move, Sasha probably wins me maybe 1 or 2 more games in the ECF, but that Heat team was just too stacked.
Hornets GM
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
offtheheezy wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:
Craig wrote:I love how the other people that were asked all said that heezy was #2 and snoop was just like, "nah...I'm better" :lol:
I voted heezy cause he’s pretty much most active GM. I think I voted for most championships as #1 though
Appreciate it, although I think pistol deserves the honors now for most active GM. Crazy 1 year rebuild of the formerly waffling Clippers
Appreciate the recognition (:

Honestly it's been a fun rebuild so far. All that's missing is Vince Carter at the 2 now so that I have the cousins and then some :D
Pistol had a lot of luck and a lot of smarts…

Got #3, got lucky with Q signing and got even more lucky Raptors decided to compete. Always checking in with GM’s had a lot to do with that. Reason my rankings heavily focused on activity. Although 1.0 and 2.0 squads did too. And finals appearances
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

jibbajabba614 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:
offtheheezy wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:
Craig wrote:I love how the other people that were asked all said that heezy was #2 and snoop was just like, "nah...I'm better" :lol:
I voted heezy cause he’s pretty much most active GM. I think I voted for most championships as #1 though
Appreciate it, although I think pistol deserves the honors now for most active GM. Crazy 1 year rebuild of the formerly waffling Clippers
Appreciate the recognition (:

Honestly it's been a fun rebuild so far. All that's missing is Vince Carter at the 2 now so that I have the cousins and then some :D
Pistol had a lot of luck and a lot of smarts…

Got #3, got lucky with Q signing and got even more lucky Raptors decided to compete. Always checking in with GM’s had a lot to do with that. Reason my rankings heavily focused on activity. Although 1.0 and 2.0 squads did too. And finals appearances
Have you seen my history here? ;)

Funnily enough, I used to be the Grizz lol (and the Spurs before that).
---

PistolPeteJR
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

:roll:
SUNS GM
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Craig wrote::roll:
Nothing wrong with a little reminiscing! You were Kings I think right? Had some real good success from what I recall!
---

PistolPeteJR
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by the goat »

Finally had some time to read this. Pretty interesting

I might be an enigma but I have more playoff success than some of the teams you have above me (Jazz, Pistons, Timberwolves??)
Lakers GM
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

the goat wrote:Finally had some time to read this. Pretty interesting

I might be an enigma but I have more playoff success than some of the teams you have above me (Jazz, Pistons, Timberwolves??)
yup, I said this earlier but I don't see a huge gap between 10-19... it's just that your teams have been more disappointing than others because u have been able to build up good teams since u won your championship, but then seem fizzle out after a couple of seasons.

I could see an argument to have u higher based on the championship, but the rankings are based on my perception of gm performance (with a mix of actual results).... win another championship and prove me wrong!
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Post your preferences below
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Robert horry