Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Post by squintsdd »

pezsez1 wrote:
Pretty sure the ACC is stuck in their media deal for several more years, and would have to pay a ton to get out of it
Canzano and others have previously discussed a "loose partnership" between the Pac-12 and ACC that could exist without the ACC needing to break any of its contractual deals.

If there are any legs to these rumors, then it probably fits within this mold.
This I have heard for quite a while, but it seems more like speculation than anything. Aside from canzano I haven't heard much of this. Even if it were to happen, a loose partnership really means nothing. Games can be canceled at any time if a more favorable opportunity were to come up
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Canzano and Wilner seem desperate and have become mouthpieces for the pac 12 commissioner. He
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Rick Neuheisel today on ESPN radio said he has sources that said it’s all but done in respect to Oregon and Washington joining the B1G.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Rick Neuheisel today on ESPN radio said he has sources that said it’s all but done in respect to Oregon and Washington joining the B1G.

bUt WhaT AbOuT KaL, ANd tHeiR 14 FAns?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Rick Neuheisel today on ESPN radio said he has sources that said it’s all but done in respect to Oregon and Washington joining the B1G.
Good. I’ll miss the matchups I grew up on but I’m done with this conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Wait a minute, are we actually expected to leave the Pac-12?
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Also, once we join the B1G, which matchups with teams that aren't Washington, USC or UCLA would y'all like to see?

My picks would be against the traditional powers of the B1G: Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State.

But if I had to choose one that isn't one of those three, I would choose Iowa for whatever reason.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Travel is going to suck unless a couple more western schools come along. Going to log more hours getting to games than Enterprise High School.

Theoretical "Big Ten West"
Oregon
washington
UCLA
USC
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Nebraska
Northwestern
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I now have another question, does "all but done" mean that it's actually done? I hope that's true cuz I actually posted these news in the cfb reddit and now I'm getting very worried that I gave a wrong meaning to that phrase.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Travel is going to suck unless a couple more western schools come along. Going to log more hours getting to games than Enterprise High School.

Theoretical "Big Ten West"
Oregon
washington
UCLA
USC
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Nebraska
Northwestern
It might not be so bad, actually. If we play USC, UCLA & UW that'll be three games on the west coast. Depending on our non-conference opponents, we should have 2 out of 3 of those at home. That would leave six remaining games and we'd play 3-4 on the road.

Traveling to the midwest isn't nearly as big of an issue as it would be to go to Maryland or Rutgers. Of course, we'll probably swap at least 1-2 division games each year, so that would likely mean traveling to at least one of those places, as well as possibly Penn St., Ohio State or Michigan.

One thing is for sure, if this actually DOES happen, our schedule will be freaking brutal from now on. No more UA, ASU, WSU, Cal, etc. Wisconsin is having a down year, but they're a traditional power, as is Iowa, when they have an offense. Minnesota has become a good team under P.J. Fleck. Northwestern is down this year, as well as Nebraska.

There are potential openings coming at the end of the season. Nebraska for sure. Northwestern is possible, though Pat Fitzgerald is a good coach. Wisconsin. Auburn is another. There are coaches who'll be available, too. Matt Rhule is a huge name, as is Urban Meyer. I wouldn't be surprised to see P.J. Fleck jump to the right situation. Same with Lane Kiffin.

It'll be interesting to see what the future holds.
John 3:36
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

^^I might be misinterpreting, but I think you're looking primarily at football, yes?

I'm thinking a lot about the Olympic sports and basketball. For the sports with more than 12 games, it's going to be a lot of miles.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DuckzRule wrote:
I now have another question, does "all but done" mean that it's actually done? I hope that's true cuz I actually posted these news in the cfb reddit and now I'm getting very worried that I gave a wrong meaning to that phrase.
I have no clue! Just posting what Rick said.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

DuckzRule wrote:
I would take from it that Oregon and Washington will be going to the B1G. All but done just means that everything has essentially been agreed on and they just have go through the motions of getting everything finalized. That being said, I would still take it with a massive grain of salt. There are a ton of big names that have said to have inside info, that have so far turned out to be wrong. Neuheisel not naming his sources could indicate that he doesn't actually know where the true source of the info came from. He may have heard it from the brother of a friend who knows the cousin of a players mom that plays at FIU that saw it on a reddit board from a poster claiming to have inside info.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Sad day if it's true.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

bellsduck wrote:Sad day if it's true.
The sad day was when USC/Ucla announced they were leaving. The PAC-12/10 ended being a major conference at that moment. Following them only retains Oregon’s standing as an equal to teams in the B1G and SEC, and not a big fish in a PAC/Mtn West.