College football opening weekend

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Re: College football opening weekend

Post by ducks5ever »

They still have pretty much an entire season to figure out these problems before they face us...
Overrated coming into the season? Maybe. But I only care about beating them in November and I want to say that they have the talent to make it happen with the right coaching.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ducks5ever wrote:They still have pretty much an entire season to figure out these problems before they face us...
Overrated coming into the season? Maybe. But I only care about beating them in November and I want to say that they have the talent to make it happen with the right coaching.

Can you point us towards a time Grings improved his D over the season? Super glad Grinch is still the SC there.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

buckmarkduck wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:They still have pretty much an entire season to figure out these problems before they face us...

Can you point us towards a time Grings improved his D over the season? Super glad Grinch is still the SC there.
The Oklahoma 2020 defense got better as the season progressed. While it's not as simple as just looking at scores, they lost to Iowa State early in the season and beat them at the end of the season in the championship game. The defense played better (mainly due to takeaways). I'm not saying it's going to improve this year as the season progresses, but it's a bit pre-mature to take a victory lap before we even play them and after they played 1 game. Heck, they know the defense is an issue and it wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if an opportunist (like Donte Williams) gradually replaced him as the main defensive playcaller. The talent/pieces are mostly there.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ASU squeaks by Southern Utah. Their offense did nothing in the 2nd half.

I know there was a big weather delay, but pretty underwhelming for Dilly in his first game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1 wrote:ASU squeaks by Southern Utah. Their offense did nothing in the 2nd half.

I know there was a big weather delay, but pretty underwhelming for Dilly in his first game.
I was not impressed by Dilly or Rashada, they seem like a reckless combo. ASU was lucky to go up 21-7 before half, both touchdown passes were on 4th down attempts that IMO were foolish. The first one Rashada threw up for grabs and ASU only got it cause of the quality of their opponent. Try that against a normal FBS team and it’s incomplete and they give up the ball around midfield at a crucial time. I will not be surprised if that ends up being ASU’s only win this season.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Zachariah Branch looks like he might be a problem. 7th-ranked player in the 2023 class, just ran a sick kickoff back. Dude's got obvious juice.

USC does definitely look beatable though. Defense doesn't look as improved as they must've hoped it'd be and their o-line let Caleb get hit a lot tonight.
Yeah it’s gonna suck matching up against him the next few years. He reminded me of DAT on that kickoff return, he’s just on another level.

USC offense looking really good in the second half, they have a ton of weapons and speed. Only way Oregon could beat them is if they play a mistake free game and outscore them, I don’t see the Oregon defense getting many stops against USC.
As a rule, in order to beat a team you have to outscore them? 8-) :lol:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rsbgduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Zachariah Branch looks like he might be a problem. 7th-ranked player in the 2023 class, just ran a sick kickoff back. Dude's got obvious juice.

USC does definitely look beatable though. Defense doesn't look as improved as they must've hoped it'd be and their o-line let Caleb get hit a lot tonight.
Yeah it’s gonna suck matching up against him the next few years. He reminded me of DAT on that kickoff return, he’s just on another level.

USC offense looking really good in the second half, they have a ton of weapons and speed. Only way Oregon could beat them is if they play a mistake free game and outscore them, I don’t see the Oregon defense getting many stops against USC.
Lol poor choice of words on my part, Oregon will have to beat them in a high scoring game, it’ll be an offensive matchup IMO.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Lol poor choice of words on my part, Oregon will have to beat them in a high scoring game, it’ll be an offensive matchup IMO.
Naw, just me being a smartass. Myself and everyone else caught what you were throwing. I agree with it, I just need to see a few games to see if our D is more capable of stopping there O vs. there D stopping our O. If that makes sense…speaking of poor wording ;)