RB Noah Whittington out for year

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

RB Noah Whittington out for year

Post by greenyellow »

As many expected, RB Noah Whittington will miss the remainder of the season with a leg injury. Good thing Oregon has a decent stable of RBs to fill in for him.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: RB Noah Whittington out for year

Post by StevensTechU »

Bummer for him, but gives him a chance to be the feature back in 2024. Loaded room where almost assuredly someone is transferring out.

1. Whittington
2. James
3. Dowdell
4. Limar
5. Riggs
6. (Jason Brown)
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Bummer for him, but gives him a chance to be the feature back in 2024. Loaded room where almost assuredly someone is transferring out.

1. Whittington
2. James
3. Dowdell
4. Limar
5. Riggs
6. (Jason Brown)

Bucky Irving will be a senior next year. You think he declares for the NFL draft?
John 3:36
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

SuperDuck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Bummer for him, but gives him a chance to be the feature back in 2024. Loaded room where almost assuredly someone is transferring out.

1. Whittington
2. James
3. Dowdell
4. Limar
5. Riggs
6. (Jason Brown)

Bucky Irving will be a senior next year. You think he declares for the NFL draft?
I think he does. This is his second year being the main guy, so he doesn't have a lot left to put on tape. He'll likely earn his degree within the year. If he was my kid, I'd say do what your heart tells you, but I think it's not worth the risk of injury.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

1. Whittington
2. James
3. Dowdell
4. Limar
5. Riggs
6. (Jason Brown)

Not to kick a guy when he’s down, but James is better right now, and for sure will be the #1 next year. Guy averages a TD every 4 carries. Has the size, decent speed and really good at running to the hole, and be patient when he needs to be. I think he will be a solid NFL back.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Irving has a lot of mileage on him, and plays a real physical game. There is no reason for him to stick around another year if he wants an NFL career.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:

1. Whittington
2. James
3. Dowdell
4. Limar
5. Riggs
6. (Jason Brown)

Not to kick a guy when he’s down, but James is better right now, and for sure will be the #1 next year. Guy averages a TD every 4 carries. Has the size, decent speed and really good at running to the hole, and be patient when he needs to be. I think he will be a solid NFL back.
I definitely think James has more potential, but what Whittington brings a lot to the table as well. James is more downhill, he hits the hole and goes. Whittington has more shiftiness and lateral movement, somewhat similar to Bucky. Sucks to lose him.