Oregon State and WSU have governing control of Pac12

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Oregon State and WSU have governing control of Pac12

Post by Alan »

A judge I ruled today that because of the way the other 10 teams departed the PAC 12 that OSU an WSU have governing control.. I am not sure what thT means but I did hear on Conzano’s show the PAC 12 has many millions of dollars to disperse over the next few years. Maybe someone who has a better grasp on the ruling can help out? What does this mean?

https://katu.com/news/local/judge-grant ... conference
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon State and WSU have governing control of Pac12

Post by StevensTechU »

There's a real impact to Oregon in that WSU and OSU could choose not to disperse any funds until after the other schools leave, or just outright only pay themselves from revenue generated this year. I've long believed that they should retain sole right to make long term decisions for the conferences, but it would certainly hurt if they tried to pull that off.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:There's a real impact to Oregon in that WSU and OSU could choose not to disperse any funds until after the other schools leave, or just outright only pay themselves from revenue generated this year. I've long believed that they should retain sole right to make long term decisions for the conferences, but it would certainly hurt if they tried to pull that off.
Yeah the way I saw it argued was that the Leaving 8/10 were concerned that WSU/OSU would stop paying them THIS year. I didn't see the argument so much made about future years because that's where I think the Leaving 8/10 are truly S.O.L. and don't have a right to that money.

This has also been my thought as to how the Pac 2 is able to expand after a weird 2024: With the incoming CFP and March Madness Revenues that "The PAC" is owed and then distributes to its members. They'd absolutely have to absorb the Mtn West, but I think this move will help clear the way for the Pac 2 to now make those steps to try and secure a "Power" status then be reduced to "Group" status as well as for this updated Conf to secure a new TV deal.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Apparently the judge in this case (a WSU alum) told the Pac 2 to be reasonable in its business dealings and not try to rob the other 10 conference members of their earnings. That's a pretty big deal, because if OSU & WSU try any funny business then they'd be opening themselves up to being sued.

Also fully expecting today's ruling to be appealed.

Totally don't mind OSU & WSU getting control of the future revenue. That seems logical. I am glad though that the judge was pretty clear about making sure the current members get paid what they earned.
Willie Taggart is a dick.