ESPN playoff predictor

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

jedi_ducks2177
One Star Recruit

Re: ESPN playoff predictor

Post by jedi_ducks2177 »

Yea I agree with your assessment here dd10snoop28. Lots of chaos and no one knows how it will unfold. Too many scenarios to just assume the ducks get it.

It reminds me of the Israeli/Gaza conflict. Lots of uncertainty, chaos and misinformation out there.
dd10snoop28 wrote:
bellsduck wrote:The only reason they would leave Alabama out if they beat Georgia is because they don't want the controversy of possibly leaving Texas out. Then they have another controversy of leaving the SEC out completely. Could you imagine? So potentially it could come down to Oregon v. Texas v. Georgia for the 4th team in assuming FSU and Michigan win.
Oregon and Texas with the benefit of conference titles.
Oregon with the benefit of looking the part and maybe the best win outside a Alabama win over Georgia, and maybe the best loss.
Texas with the benefit of beating another playoff team (Alabama) and a tougher SOS than Oregon.
Georgia with the benefit of being a 2-time defending champion with maybe best loss.
I don't think the committee would have any problem leaving out Texas if Bama beats Georgia.

Georgia is the most valued team in college football by far so Alabama beating them on the last weekend of the year would catapult them past UT....what do I mean by "valued"? Basically, any team that beats Georgia (due to their reputation the past 3 years) gets huge brownie points... IMO, value of Bama beating Georgia in the conf championship >>>>>> Texas beating Bama early in the season,

With that being said, IMO, the Georgia/Alabama combo is the ONLY way that Oregon does not make the playoff. Bama would have to beat Georgia in a really close/exciting game for that even to be a possibility. I'd still put the likelihood of Oregon being left out in that scenario as less than 25% but who knows...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

jedi_ducks2177 wrote:Yea I agree with your assessment here dd10snoop28. Lots of chaos and no one knows how it will unfold. Too many scenarios to just assume the ducks get it.

It reminds me of the Israeli/Gaza conflict. Lots of uncertainty, chaos and misinformation out there.
dd10snoop28 wrote:
bellsduck wrote:The only reason they would leave Alabama out if they beat Georgia is because they don't want the controversy of possibly leaving Texas out. Then they have another controversy of leaving the SEC out completely. Could you imagine? So potentially it could come down to Oregon v. Texas v. Georgia for the 4th team in assuming FSU and Michigan win.
Oregon with the benefit of looking the part and maybe the best win outside a Alabama win over Georgia, and maybe the best loss.
Texas with the benefit of beating another playoff team (Alabama) and a tougher SOS than Oregon.
Georgia with the benefit of being a 2-time defending champion with maybe best loss.
I don't think the committee would have any problem leaving out Texas if Bama beats Georgia.

Georgia is the most valued team in college football by far so Alabama beating them on the last weekend of the year would catapult them past UT....what do I mean by "valued"? Basically, any team that beats Georgia (due to their reputation the past 3 years) gets huge brownie points... IMO, value of Bama beating Georgia in the conf championship >>>>>> Texas beating Bama early in the season,

With that being said, IMO, the Georgia/Alabama combo is the ONLY way that Oregon does not make the playoff. Bama would have to beat Georgia in a really close/exciting game for that even to be a possibility. I'd still put the likelihood of Oregon being left out in that scenario as less than 25% but who knows...
1st post and you want to go nuclear huh?
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Duck07 wrote:
jedi_ducks2177 wrote:Yea I agree with your assessment here dd10snoop28. Lots of chaos and no one knows how it will unfold. Too many scenarios to just assume the ducks get it.

dd10snoop28 wrote:

:lol:
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Duck07 wrote:

dd10snoop28 wrote:

You know he was trying to find the right opportunity to throw that in
jedi_ducks2177
One Star Recruit

Post by jedi_ducks2177 »

I mean, you're not wrong. I have been lurking for 5 years and have been learning/gleaning/absorbing everything that dd10snoop28 has taught me.