ESPN Bracket - Ducks in the tournament.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

ESPN Bracket - Ducks in the tournament.

Post by Hoagduck »

ESPN has the ducks forecasted as a 12 seed in the big dance up against 5 seed Gonzaga in the first round.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
quackattack
Three Star Recruit

Re: ESPN Bracket - Ducks in the tournament.

Post by quackattack »

he's also forecasting us as Pac 10 champs (Bold letters)
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

quackattack wrote:he's also forecasting us as Pac 10 champs (Bold letters)
Well considering he has Washington as a #5 seed, and Cal as a #9 seed, I don't the (Pac-10) on the side meaning "champion". Not to mention the only other teams that have their conference next to them are teams from the MAC, WAC, Sunbelt, etc.
GO DUCKS!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

We have a long way to go to be pac-10 champions let alone make the tournament. It's way too early for any projections. Just a week ago, Oregon was probably projected to finish like 8th in the pac-10 and not make any tournament.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

Of course it's an absurdly pre-mature assessment, but it's cool that the team is getting some recognition.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

If this team keeps up this play, they will be in the tourney. The only reason there's so much opptimism after the road sweep is the pac 10 is garbage right now. We just went into the top teams house & dominated them all game long.

If this was the pac10 of the last few years then we'd still have a long way too go. But the conference is so up for grabs right now & the level of play is so low that if one team starts playing good bball they have a chance to take the title running away. Right now, we are that team. Things can change very quickly but for right now, we LOOK like the team to beat.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

A 12 seed and Pac-10 champs? Ha.

Anyway, what's a realistic record in the Pac-10 to have a shot at the NCAA tournament?

Would 10-8 be enough? Maybe not. 11-7?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

The Bold letters stand for who they predict to get automatic bids I do believe which would constitute Oregon making a run and winning the Pac-10 tourney, not necessarily winning the regular season Pac-10 crown and having a solid record. So I can see the 12 seed, plus I could see Oregon doing something like that and having a great run in the tourney with how weak the conference is.
quackattack
Three Star Recruit

Post by quackattack »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:
quackattack wrote:he's also forecasting us as Pac 10 champs (Bold letters)
Well considering he has Washington as a #5 seed, and Cal as a #9 seed, I don't the (Pac-10) on the side meaning "champion". Not to mention the only other teams that have their conference next to them are teams from the MAC, WAC, Sunbelt, etc.
hey its his projection, not mine. it clearly says to the right: "Auto bids are in CAPS." so with oregon in all caps, he's projecting us to win the conf (tourny) and get the auto bid. right now our resume doesn't qualify as anything higher than a 12 seed in his opinion.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Hoagduck wrote:Of course it's an absurdly pre-mature assessment, but it's cool that the team is getting some recognition.

AMEN.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pikestick
Two Star Recruit

Post by pikestick »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Would 10-8 be enough? Maybe not. 11-7?
11-7 most years would be fine. With the way the entire conference has played OOC so far this season, I don't think the Ducks could feel confident about making the tournament with less than a 13-5 mark in the regular season. The entire league has been awful OOC and will pay for it come selection time. I have a hard time seeing more than 3 teams making the tournament this year.
quackattack
Three Star Recruit

Post by quackattack »

pikestick wrote: 11-7 most years would be fine. With the way the entire conference has played OOC so far this season, I don't think the Ducks could feel confident about making the tournament with less than a 13-5 mark in the regular season. The entire league has been awful OOC and will pay for it come selection time. I have a hard time seeing more than 3 teams making the tournament this year.
i agree with that, 8-4 non-conf + 13-5 in conf leaves us at 21-9 overall. the worse loss was montana but luckily for us, they're barely outside the top 100 rpi that the committee would look at (http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_337_Men.html). also the committee would take note of the injuries we had during some of those loses. so i'd like our chances at 21-9 overall and among the top 2 or 3 in conf, but anything less than that puts us in the bubble picture and comparing our resumes to teams that likely may not have as good of records but more quality wins. stealing 2 road wins to start conf play, esp 1 against wash, was a great start. now we've gotta defend home court and steal a few more away games.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

duckgrad99 wrote:We have a long way to go to be pac-10 champions let alone make the tournament. It's way too early for any projections. Just a week ago, Oregon was probably projected to finish like 8th in the pac-10 and not make any tournament.
I'll go on a limb & project USC to finish 10th in the Pac :lol:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Well, at least they were in the tourny for a few days. :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Well, at least they were in the tourny for a few days. :lol:
:lol:

But as bad as we are, there's still a shot we make it. I mean, finishing top 3 in the pac-10 is still possible.. IMO that would be about enough to make it to the tournament.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13