SEC Scheduling

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

SEC Scheduling

Post by nogerO »

Georgia has 8 home games if you count the game in the MB dome, 2 bye's, one before Row Tied and one before Florida and their usual line up of cupcakes.

Alabama has 7 home games, 2 byes, one before Georgia and one before LSU and 4 cupcakes.

Nice.]

Here's a link to the conference schedules. And people wonder why there are 6-8 SEC teams in the top of the poles 5 weeks into the season. :lol:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... all-season
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Re: SEC Scheduling

Post by alxtw »

Other conferences should also work the system like the SEC and have two byes and work in a late season cupcake into their schedules. No honor among thieves, so why not join em
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

alxtw wrote:Other conferences should also work the system like the SEC and have two byes and work in a late season cupcake into their schedules. No honor among thieves, so why not join em
Until they are no longer playing and 8 game conference schedule, nothing will be balanced
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

pudgejeff wrote:
alxtw wrote:Other conferences should also work the system like the SEC and have two byes and work in a late season cupcake into their schedules. No honor among thieves, so why not join em
Until they are no longer playing and 8 game conference schedule, nothing will be balanced
Maybe everyone else should be like the ACC and SEC and only do 8 conference games?

With that said though I'm over the 8 games and cup cake late in the season. It almost got changed this year but at the last minute Saben and a couple of others killed it. Know that Saben is gone though I think it will happen soon.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Bud Lee wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Maybe everyone else should be like the ACC and SEC and only do 8 conference games?

With that said though I'm over the 8 games and cup cake late in the season. It almost got changed this year but at the last minute Saben and a couple of others killed it. Know that Saben is gone though I think it will happen soon.
lt

Ya that would work too, my gripe isn't specifically with the SEC. Just the imbalance between the conferences. I'd assume the TV money in the SEC is what has allowed them to have less games to make less money, but the other conferences needed to have adjusted one way or another to make it balanced. It's had a profound impact on the landscape of college football, and sadly very few people talk about it.