Super Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Super Bowl

Post by pezsez1 »

Great game! Thrilled the Chiefs won. Got off to a slow start but Mahomes knew how to shake it off.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Super Bowl

Post by OregonFan4Life »

That was the weirdest Super Bowl I’ve ever seen.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Mahomes clearly the difference in the game. Switch QB's and it's Niners in a blowout!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Chiefs Defense won that game, Andy even said so.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Chiefs didn’t win it, 49ers lost it. Kyle Shanahan panics in the postseason whenever they have a second half lead. First four possessions of the second half for the 49ers and only one run play with multiple pass plays designed right into the Chiefs strength? Just stupid. Mahomes didn’t even look that good, he had a couple bad passes including a bad pick to start the second half but everyone wants to anoint him as the reason the Chiefs won. Purdy looked better than him most of the game.

But Goodell got exactly what he wanted, Mahomes is his baby right now and he wants that to be his superstar that draws Tom Brady and Michael Jordan comparisons and he will milk the Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce relationship as much as possible. After the trophy ceremony when they showed Travis and Taylor hugging and kissing for at least a full minute as the postgame commentators talked about how that’s real love and how important it is showed me everything I need to know about the NFL and the direction it’s headed. I definitely won’t watch the NFL at all next year I’m sick of it. I just want football, if I wanted excessive drama I’d watch the Bachelor.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Wow crazy thread. Most people I’ve seen posting stuff or talked thought the game was boring. It was a rare Sb I didn’t care if rather team won tbh.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:26 am Chiefs didn’t win it, 49ers lost it. Kyle Shanahan panics in the postseason whenever they have a second half lead. First four possessions of the second half for the 49ers and only one run play with multiple pass plays designed right into the Chiefs strength? Just stupid. Mahomes didn’t even look that good, he had a couple bad passes including a bad pick to start the second half but everyone wants to anoint him as the reason the Chiefs won. Purdy looked better than him most of the game.

But Goodell got exactly what he wanted, Mahomes is his baby right now and he wants that to be his superstar that draws Tom Brady and Michael Jordan comparisons and he will milk the Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce relationship as much as possible. After the trophy ceremony when they showed Travis and Taylor hugging and kissing for at least a full minute as the postgame commentators talked about how that’s real love and how important it is showed me everything I need to know about the NFL and the direction it’s headed. I definitely won’t watch the NFL at all next year I’m sick of it. I just want football, if I wanted excessive drama I’d watch the Bachelor.
Huh. Strange take. It was clear that SF was likely right to not run much in the second half. I could be wrong, but it seems that they had few runs over 3 yards in second half, until late in the game when the defense was worn down. Also, Purdy did not look at all better than Mahomes. He had some pretty brutal passes himself. I actually wondered if he was hurt at one point, because of how off some of his throws were and his inability to throw anything past 20 yards.

The game was pretty evenly called by the officials, so I see no reason to say Mahomes is Goodell's baby. He wasn't favored in any way that I could tell.

Shanhan's post season record is 8-3, so it's pretty out of pocket to say he struggles in the playoffs at any point.

Lastly, I seriously doubt that you won't be watching the NFL next session
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

A slow first half but in the end the game had 8 lead changes, a rare overtime with the vastly improved new overtime rules and the refs didn't decide the game so all and all one of the better Super Bowls. (I was for the 49ers but only because of Lenoir and Armstead otherwise I would have been neutral.)
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Mahomes didn't look great??? Huh? He was exceptional in the second half, his last four drives were TD, FG, FG, TD. Give Purdy his props but he did NOT look better than Mahomes. He certainly didn't look bad -- nobody should be doubting his legitimacy going forward -- but Mahomes was out there doing GOAT things with the game on the line.

Only part of the postgame I thought was cringy was when the Chiefs billionaire owner was up there talking about how proud his parents would be of him but "kudos" to the players haha.

Great game, lots of defense early with offense ramping up late, and that overtime was fantastic. Lots of drama and a few huge moments where either team could have won it. Halftime show was pretty fly as well.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Mahomes was doing GOAT things? Describe “GOAT things”? Cause the game I saw he was not amazing nor the reason the Chiefs won. In reality the 49ers lost it, the Chiefs didn’t win it, but since Chiefs won, I’ll say it was their defense and Chris Jones may have been the actual MVP, but in today’s football it’s all about the QB and they get all of the credit and blame.

I do agree the halftime show was fantastic, might be the best one I’ve ever seen.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:51 pm Mahomes was doing GOAT things? Describe “GOAT things”? Cause the game I saw he was not amazing nor the reason the Chiefs won. In reality the 49ers lost it, the Chiefs didn’t win it, but since Chiefs won, I’ll say it was their defense and Chris Jones may have been the actual MVP, but in today’s football it’s all about the QB and they get all of the credit and blame.

I do agree the halftime show was fantastic, might be the best one I’ve ever seen.

The halftime show was fantastic? Granted halftime shows have a very low bar, but I wasn’t impressed. And what was Luda wearing? Looked like the cobras uni from dodgeball, with Mickey Mouse’s boots.