Arizona @ Oregon (SAT)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shear_j
Four Star Recruit

Re: Arizona @ Oregon (SAT)

Post by shear_j »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:I would fully agree with Kent's assessment of the AZ game...We missed so many gimme's it's not even funny...We played very well defensively and forced a lot of turnovers...We worked the ball inside a lot, and successfully creating wide-open shots from the outside like it's supposed to and no one could hit anything. I'm sorry but we actually did play really well we just shot terribly, and it wasn't from forced, or guarded shots like it is a lot of the time, we were getting whatever we wanted, just couldn't shoot
Very well defensively? Sure the 18 turnovers were nice. But 26 fouls and allowing Arizona to shoot 52% FG is NOT good defense. And Arizona had some silly turnovers that I think the crowd deserved more credit for than our defense.
Keep in mind that those refs were calling absolutely everything. So really 26 fouls with those refs would have been about 16-20 with most crews. I will agree that the defense played spotty but when they really needed a stop they just couldn't (ie the end of the game). they did do good in forcing turnovers but just not enough when it mattered most. I will agree with Jeff though, it was our offense and not our defense that let us down.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

shear_j wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:I would fully agree with Kent's assessment of the AZ game...We missed so many gimme's it's not even funny...We played very well defensively and forced a lot of turnovers...We worked the ball inside a lot, and successfully creating wide-open shots from the outside like it's supposed to and no one could hit anything. I'm sorry but we actually did play really well we just shot terribly, and it wasn't from forced, or guarded shots like it is a lot of the time, we were getting whatever we wanted, just couldn't shoot
Very well defensively? Sure the 18 turnovers were nice. But 26 fouls and allowing Arizona to shoot 52% FG is NOT good defense. And Arizona had some silly turnovers that I think the crowd deserved more credit for than our defense.
Keep in mind that those refs were calling absolutely everything. So really 26 fouls with those refs would have been about 16-20 with most crews. I will agree that the defense played spotty but when they really needed a stop they just couldn't (ie the end of the game). they did do good in forcing turnovers but just not enough when it mattered most. I will agree with Jeff though, it was our offense and not our defense that let us down.
I suppose, but if allowing a team to 52% shooting in a game is good, we've certainly lowered our standards to an all time low. Sure our offense was bad, but our defense wasn't much better..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
shear_j wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
I suppose, but if allowing a team to 52% shooting in a game is good, we've certainly lowered our standards to an all time low. Sure our offense was bad, but our defense wasn't much better..
When you run a press you're going to give up a higher FG% cause you give up more lay-ups from the press getting beat, the key is to force enough turnovers that it's cuts there attempts down enough for it to work in your advantage...If we shoot just decently well it would have.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Oregon runs a press?
ImageImageImageImageImage