#20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4985
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
I love the aftermath of this. The country sees the players at USC celebrate taking Moore out and then the backup comes in and beats them by two touchdowns. Beautiful. Can't wait for Ducks vs Them, could you guys put a little extra something into this one? Everyone will watch, I promise. I wanna see some Lanning halftime motivational speech, some footage of USC players being punks...give me the works and I promise I will lap it all up.
Oregon officially back in the playoff hunt!
Oregon officially back in the playoff hunt!
-
bdkipe
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 527
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:09 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
Luckily we play BYE next week.
-
bellsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3819
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
- GM: Utah Jazz
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
You guys talking like USC defense is good or something. Lolld2001 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:22 pmThe fact that it took an injury for our coaching staff to find this out shows we have the wrong culture
-
wepto
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1028
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
Lol my bad for getting the schedule wrong.
But I don't think it's lucky.
Might encourage Lanning to do something *really* stupid.
- Howry
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 303
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:37 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
We are on Bye next week.
- Howry
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 303
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:37 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
They really arent but having your QB who is very well liked go out like that can take an emotional toll on a team. Plus having your second stringer come in and spin it was really nice. Not many teams have a backup like we do.
- UofDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 3943
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:51 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
And Huskies down 14! Beautiful night.UOducksTK1 wrote:This game has potential to set the tone for the rest of the season.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
bellsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3819
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
- GM: Utah Jazz
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
The team responded great no doubt. The coaches deserve praise for the way they handled it as well. Dante was 8 of 10 before the injury and to suggest that he sucks and DR is a better QB is just strange. I hope DR plays lights out with DM is out obviously.Howry wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:40 pm
They really arent but having your QB who is very well liked go out like that can take an emotional toll on a team. Plus having your second stringer come in and spin it was really nice. Not many teams have a backup like we do.
- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4985
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
Well I must be strange, because I am not just suggesting it, I'm saying it. Raiola runs the offense better than Moore. The difference was instant and obvious. I don't like seeing Moore get injured, but to put Raiola back on the bench in favor of Moore after that performance would be riot-inducing.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8648
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
Yeah I love Moore and it’s not really fair to lose your starting spot to injury but the offense is noticeably better with Raiola.
And that’s not necessarily Moore’s fault. The sorry state of our OL necessitates a QB who’s more of a gun slinger and can make things happen when things are breaking down. Which is what Moore struggles with and what Raiola did tonight.
You could argue that behind a better OL Moore has higher potential (I would agree) but that’s not what we have this year. And Raiola fits what we actually have better than Moore does.
And that’s not necessarily Moore’s fault. The sorry state of our OL necessitates a QB who’s more of a gun slinger and can make things happen when things are breaking down. Which is what Moore struggles with and what Raiola did tonight.
You could argue that behind a better OL Moore has higher potential (I would agree) but that’s not what we have this year. And Raiola fits what we actually have better than Moore does.

- pezsez1
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6285
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 pm
- Location: RIP CITY
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
Agree, Raiola is just better with this offense. His intangibles fit better.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15147
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
If we had the 2022 Oregon offensive line, give me Moore all day. With this OLine? Raiola may be a better option. But overall the pass protection wasn’t that bad tonight, but our OLine cannot run block.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4985
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
I guess one argument might be that the USC defense schemed for Moore and so maybe Raiola's style was a surprise. I would say at a minimum, you have to play him until he is less effective. The guy just resurrected Oregon's season. For me, the job is his until he loses it.
-
ducksrock
- Senior
- Posts: 2729
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:08 am
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15147
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: #20 Oregon @ #12 USC (Sept 26, Sat 4:30 PM NBC)
And Minnesota beats Washington to make this day even better!
Thought next, for the first time in my life, I will say, Go Huskies.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thought next, for the first time in my life, I will say, Go Huskies.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
