USC Players/Fans

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40568
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

USC Players/Fans

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I was at the game, so curious to hear anyone else's thoughts that attended.

First of all, it is absolutely pitiful that USC cannot fill the stadium in game against Oregon. I'd say 80-90% full, but there were clearly open chunks in the upper sections.

This was my first time in Memorial. It was a bummer that the Olympic preparations have started because black lining / scaffolding covered the entire exterior of the stadium. For a bowl stadium, it was very steep and advertised a potentially loud and on-top-of you feeling as a player. I actually think the environment could be pretty fun and intimidating if they had real fans.

Once the game starts is where the stupidity and evil comes to fruition. The fans really only cheered on 3rd down defense and when it was close in the 4th quarter. On offense, everything under 10 yards is a golf clap. It got loud in the 4th quarter, but honestly going to Pullman was comparable. The amount of alcohol in an idiot per capita was the most I've ever witnessed. Right next to us were people intoxicated to the fullest, yet they were the loudest cheering fans. I don't think they truly know what happened. But the sunglasses at night were a vibe. 8-)

The most heinous part is how many fans were trash talking, bragging, and flat out happy to see Dante Moore on the ground for minutes. I can see the initial reaction of a fan getting the best of you, but there were so many people that kept it up even when the stretcher was being brought out. I yelled in the face of the USC fan behind me how this is about the well-being of another human being, but he went on to justify trash talking Moore while he was convulsing. Horrendous. I shouldn't be shocked by the Los Angeles culture that clearly doesn't value human life with the way they vote and act within their own city. And I don't need to discuss the players actions, yall saw it on TV...

To summarize, it was a fantastic game and win! Worth the trip down! But is a repeat trip worth the proximity to ignorant, drunk, and evil fans though again? No. One and done was justified. :lol:

Huskies have to make room for this newly kindled disdain! Prior to this, USC wasn't really a priority for my emotions because they've been fairly irrelevant and have wallowed in their own stupidity for a decade+. But after this experience, USC has earned my attention to go out of my way to root for them to go 0-12 every season. If you are not already on this band wagon, I hope this post encourages you to join me LOL.

Go Ducks!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by alxtw »

UOducksTK1 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:48 am I was at the game, so curious to hear anyone else's thoughts that attended.

First of all, it is absolutely pitiful that USC cannot fill the stadium in game against Oregon. I'd say 80-90% full, but there were clearly open chunks in the upper sections.

This was my first time in Memorial. It was a bummer that the Olympic preparations have started because black lining / scaffolding covered the entire exterior of the stadium. For a bowl stadium, it was very steep and advertised a potentially loud and on-top-of you feeling as a player. I actually think the environment could be pretty fun and intimidating if they had real fans.

Once the game starts is where the stupidity and evil comes to fruition. The fans really only cheered on 3rd down defense and when it was close in the 4th quarter. On offense, everything under 10 yards is a golf clap. It got loud in the 4th quarter, but honestly going to Pullman was comparable. The amount of alcohol in an idiot per capita was the most I've ever witnessed. Right next to us were people intoxicated to the fullest, yet they were the loudest cheering fans. I don't think they truly know what happened. But the sunglasses at night were a vibe. 8-)

The most heinous part is how many fans were trash talking, bragging, and flat out happy to see Dante Moore on the ground for minutes. I can see the initial reaction of a fan getting the best of you, but there were so many people that kept it up even when the stretcher was being brought out. I yelled in the face of the USC fan behind me how this is about the well-being of another human being, but he went on to justify trash talking Moore while he was convulsing. Horrendous. I shouldn't be shocked by the Los Angeles culture that clearly doesn't value human life with the way they vote and act within their own city. And I don't need to discuss the players actions, yall saw it on TV...

To summarize, it was a fantastic game and win! Worth the trip down! But is a repeat trip worth the proximity to ignorant, drunk, and evil fans though again? No. One and done was justified. :lol:

Huskies have to make room for this newly kindled disdain! Prior to this, USC wasn't really a priority for my emotions because they've been fairly irrelevant and have wallowed in their own stupidity for a decade+. But after this experience, USC has earned my attention to go out of my way to root for them to go 0-12 every season. If you are not already on this band wagon, I hope this post encourages you to join me LOL.

Go Ducks!
Hope USC only wins enough games that Reily isnt axed :lol:
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4989
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by Phalanx »

Thanks for the report, TK. I have always viewed USC as a rival, but never so much as the years since they tried to intimidate the Pac 12 into giving them a favorable deal and then left and destroyed the conference. It gives me no end of satisfaction that not only were the Ducks able to follow them without an interruption, but Oregon also won the conference in year 1 and now we play both L.A. schools more often than just every other year, as was the deal in the Pac 12. So in their efforts to avoid Oregon, they got more Oregon, lol. Hey neighbor! Let's get the friendship thing going! :lol:

If you survey the hardcore USC fans/alumni, they HATE the ducks. I also think the Big Ten and the media would very much like to promote the rivalry, especially since UCLA doesn't do much in football most years. So should be a fun back and forth in years to come. Coach Lanning certainly isn't trying to be palsy-walsies with them when he is down there. I'm guessing there was an esoteric element to his comments (maybe we will find out more in the next Ducks vs. Them), but we all saw the shots fired, and the hit on Dante and the reactions from their players and coaches will live in memory for a long time. Another very satisfying win and hopefully more to come.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40568
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phalanx wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:25 pm Thanks for the report, TK. I have always viewed USC as a rival, but never so much as the years since they tried to intimidate the Pac 12 into giving them a favorable deal and then left and destroyed the conference. It gives me no end of satisfaction that not only were the Ducks able to follow them without an interruption, but Oregon also won the conference in year 1 and now we play both L.A. schools more often than just every other year, as was the deal in the Pac 12. So in their efforts to avoid Oregon, they got more Oregon, lol. Hey neighbor! Let's get the friendship thing going! :lol:

If you survey the hardcore USC fans/alumni, they HATE the ducks. I also think the Big Ten and the media would very much like to promote the rivalry, especially since UCLA doesn't do much in football most years. So should be a fun back and forth in years to come. Coach Lanning certainly isn't trying to be palsy-walsies with them when he is down there. I'm guessing there was an esoteric element to his comments (maybe we will find out more in the next Ducks vs. Them), but we all saw the shots fired, and the hit on Dante and the reactions from their players and coaches will live in memory for a long time. Another very satisfying win and hopefully more to come.
Yeah and I knew this from forums, but didn't realize it ran throughout the majority of their fan base.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40568
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by UOducksTK1 »

https://www.si.com/college/usc/football ... oss-oregon
"Then on game day, social media continued its fuss about attendance 15 minutes before kickoff, but that didn’t stop fans from voicing how they felt about the Ducks as they came out of the tunnel. The energy was especially high during the Ducks’ first drive when the Trojans defense halted them in the red zone, forcing them to settle for a field goal. The home crowd continued to make a lot of noise on every Oregon offensive possession, but more importantly, showed class when Ducks quarterback Dante Moore was carted off the field."

And this is why I don't trust the media. All of this reporting is slanted and not really the truth. Was it louder than their games against San Jose State and Louisiana, sure! And there was no class shown for Moore. Yikes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
5$
Freshman
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Eugene

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by 5$ »

Playing in LA is good for recruiting SoCal/Southwestern athletes, I have heard.
whosyourwally
Freshman
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by whosyourwally »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
I shouldn't be shocked by the Los Angeles culture that clearly doesn't value human life with the way they vote and act within their own city.

Go Ducks!
Ah yes, if only they would have elected a silver-spoon-fed reality tv star with zero relevant experience to lead the second largest city in the country.

I keep forgetting we don’t talk politics unless its your politics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40568
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by UOducksTK1 »

whosyourwally wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:24 pm
UOducksTK1 wrote:
I shouldn't be shocked by the Los Angeles culture that clearly doesn't value human life with the way they vote and act within their own city.

Go Ducks!
Ah yes, if only they would have elected a silver-spoon-fed reality tv star with zero relevant experience to lead the second largest city in the country.

I keep forgetting we don’t talk politics unless its your politics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It wasn't meant to be political. I was just saying LA votes the same way with the same issues, over and over and over. And their fan base is very reflective of this.

I'm sure there's pockets of LA that are better, but my whole weekend trip there was surrounded by poverty, homelessness, crime, trash fans, etc.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by buckmarkduck »

It the Duck bs Them video, you can see empty seats all over the place.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
justin_f
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by justin_f »

whosyourwally wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
I shouldn't be shocked by the Los Angeles culture that clearly doesn't value human life with the way they vote and act within their own city.

Go Ducks!
Ah yes, if only they would have elected a silver-spoon-fed reality tv star with zero relevant experience to lead the second largest city in the country.

I keep forgetting we don’t talk politics unless its your politics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't resist the bait could you

Sent from my SM-S931U using Tapatalk

Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by Everythingsducky »

UOducksTK1 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:38 pm
whosyourwally wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:24 pm
UOducksTK1 wrote:
I shouldn't be shocked by the Los Angeles culture that clearly doesn't value human life with the way they vote and act within their own city.

Go Ducks!
Ah yes, if only they would have elected a silver-spoon-fed reality tv star with zero relevant experience to lead the second largest city in the country.

I keep forgetting we don’t talk politics unless its your politics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It wasn't meant to be political. I was just saying LA votes the same way with the same issues, over and over and over. And their fan base is very reflective of this.

I'm sure there's pockets of LA that are better, but my whole weekend trip there was surrounded by poverty, homelessness, crime, trash fans, etc.
Don’t apologize. You ain’t lying. I lived in Hermosa for three years. Weather is great. Have no desire to ever return.
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by buckmarkduck »

Petros said it best. The SC fans acted and looked like Raider fans from the 80’s.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by rsbgduck »

I have a distain for all of SoCal like no other. Wouldn’t loose a second of sleep if the whole thing slid into the Pacific. It’s not just USC fans that suck, the entire LA basin is trash. People talk about ohh SoCal is so beautiful and the weather is perfect. Maybe from the coast to 50 miles inland. After that it’s just concrete, asphalt and heigh hot desert. The people are trash, it’s filled with trash the traffic sucks and is just disgusting as a whole.
rockthief
Senior
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:52 am
Location: Stand By Me

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by rockthief »

rsbgduck wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:36 am I have a distain for all of SoCal like no other. Wouldn’t loose a second of sleep if the whole thing slid into the Pacific. It’s not just USC fans that suck, the entire LA basin is trash. People talk about ohh SoCal is so beautiful and the weather is perfect. Maybe from the coast to 50 miles inland. After that it’s just concrete, asphalt and heigh hot desert. The people are trash, it’s filled with trash the traffic sucks and is just disgusting as a whole.
You appear to be generalizing. Nah, you are generalizing.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:40 am

Re: USC Players/Fans

Post by spacefrog13x »

born and raised Oregonian. I travel to LA for business once every other month or so. I always enjoy my time there. Insane amount of stuff to do. I find the day to day people pretty much the same as everywhere else I fly for business (NYC, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Central PA, Indianapolis are some of the places ive had to fly to the past couple years).

But the wealthy folks in Los Angeles are just a higher class of asshole than you find anywhere else. That is reflected in the USC fanbase. Its hard to pin down but its a certain "in your face" with their wealth and prosperity that I find really tacky and gauche. Its like if a Cyber Truck and a Mercedes G-Wagon were combined and then became a person.

The way the fans and that team acted around Dante's injury was completely vile.

Even if the hit was not dirty or dante was "late" on his slide (he wasnt btw), the way the USC sideline acted afterward removed all doubt that intention of that play was to deliver a game ending blow to Dante's head.

Contrast that with Lanning's reaction against tOSU a couple years ago when Holden spit on the Buckeye player. No way would Lanning (or Cignetti, or Kirby Smart, etc) keep a guy on the sideline after that display.

When somebody (or a program) tells you who they are, believe them. I hope Riley stays there forever, because as long as he is there USC is going to be a front running team with no heart and no grit when the rubber meets the road.

2nd Half teams win championships. USC is one of the worst in the nation at scoring in the 2nd half.
Post Reply