Felt like it!buckmarkduck wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:20 pm Petros said it best. The SC fans acted and looked like Raider fans from the 80’s.
USC Players/Fans
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40595
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: USC Players/Fans

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- pezsez1
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6296
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 pm
- Location: RIP CITY
Re: USC Players/Fans
We should hire Lincoln Riley to be our offensive coordinator. He'd be a good pickup, he'd bring some great recruits, but more than anything I just love this as a cold power move.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40595
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: USC Players/Fans
He's one of the best OCs out there, but there's certain coaches I really couldn't see on our sidelines...pezsez1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:29 am We should hire Lincoln Riley to be our offensive coordinator. He'd be a good pickup, he'd bring some great recruits, but more than anything I just love this as a cold power move.
On the other side of the coin, I don't think anyone thought Tosh would ever coach at Oregon after his flopping shenanigans as Cal's D coordinator.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- duckpoint
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 552
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:42 am
- Location: Idaho
Re: USC Players/Fans
I would rather see us bring back Chip K as OC.
- pezsez1
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6296
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 pm
- Location: RIP CITY
Re: USC Players/Fans
For sure, and I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.I would rather see us bring back Chip K as OC.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
-
Everythingsducky
- Senior
- Posts: 2734
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm
Re: USC Players/Fans
Gotta wonder if internal factors play a large part. Chip wasn’t the fuzziest of people, from the east coast, he rubbed some wrong for sure. But whom?pezsez1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 2:46 pmFor sure, and I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.I would rather see us bring back Chip K as OC.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: USC Players/Fans
USC fans have been garbage and arrogant for almost 2 decades, even more so now that Oregon essentially owns them. It's no surprise the way many of them reacted when Dante went down.

-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1265
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: USC Players/Fans
If uncle phil wanted him back, he’d be back.Everythingsducky wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:30 pmGotta wonder if internal factors play a large part. Chip wasn’t the fuzziest of people, from the east coast, he rubbed some wrong for sure. But whom?pezsez1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 2:46 pmFor sure, and I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.I would rather see us bring back Chip K as OC.
- Phalanx
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5044
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: USC Players/Fans
Didn't Chip turn Oregon down multiple times after he was done in with the Eagles? I don't think he wants to come back to Oregon. I would say it was something about not wanting to tarnish his legacy, but going 0 for Oregon while he was at UCLA probably already did that.
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15215
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: USC Players/Fans
He didn’t “turn down” Oregon, he wanted to come back, but one thing we know about Chip is he is stubborn, and Chip absolutely does not believe in leaving a team before the season is over under any circumstance. He wanted to come back to Oregon, but Mullens wanted him to move over to Oregon right away to salvage the recruiting class, but Chip wanted to wait until after the 49ers season was over even though everyone knew he was going to get fired. And that resulted in us getting Taggart, the backup plan.Phalanx wrote:Didn't Chip turn Oregon down multiple times after he was done in with the Eagles? I don't think he wants to come back to Oregon. I would say it was something about not wanting to tarnish his legacy, but going 0 for Oregon while he was at UCLA probably already did that.
Getting flashbacks to my super controversial post about Chip coming back now.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Phalanx
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5044
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: USC Players/Fans
Hmm, not sure about that. He definitely wanted to finish the season with the Niners, but I think Oregon would have waited if he was interested in coming back. He wanted to stay in the NFL.
https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1172238
He also turned Oregon down after Mario left, while he was coach at UCLA. A fortunate thing for the Ducks.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... n-football
https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1172238
He also turned Oregon down after Mario left, while he was coach at UCLA. A fortunate thing for the Ducks.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... n-football
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15215
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: USC Players/Fans
I mean, the best I can say is “trust me”, cause I do know a bit about this as I had a connection to the old Oregon staff, but I completely understand why nobody would trust those words on an anonymous forum.
I’m pretty sure Oregon never pursued Chip after Mario left. I know Dan Patrick created that rumor but I don’t think there’s any truth to it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m pretty sure Oregon never pursued Chip after Mario left. I know Dan Patrick created that rumor but I don’t think there’s any truth to it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Phalanx
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5044
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: USC Players/Fans
So was Helfrich lying when he said Chip wasn't interested in coming back to college in the link I posted above?
Anyway, it has never seemed like Chip has wanted to come back here, despite there being opportunities over the years to do so.
Anyway, it has never seemed like Chip has wanted to come back here, despite there being opportunities over the years to do so.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: USC Players/Fans
There's almost no way Lincoln Riley would be without a HC job if USC fired him. I'm sure he'd get a Big 12 job easily or even another Big Ten/SEC one.pezsez1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:29 am We should hire Lincoln Riley to be our offensive coordinator. He'd be a good pickup, he'd bring some great recruits, but more than anything I just love this as a cold power move.
