scaredhitless08
Two Star Recruit

Something's burning...

Post by scaredhitless08 »

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Something's burning...

Post by duckgrad99 »

Before I read the article, I thought that maybe Kent was going to be fired or something. Wishful thinking I guess. :lol: Burning the tickets is a little extreme, but whatever proves your point I guess.
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

good thing he didn't mistake the basketball tickets for football ones
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

"But it was just very frustrating, being a fan for a long time, since I was a little kid" = Lie
The ducks were shitty when you were a kid too

Tom Sotelo = Fair Weather fan

Just like the moron fan that demanded money from Chip Kelly after the Boise State game making the rest of us duck fans look like spoiled children. Thanks Tom for giving more ammo to others schools fan bases.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

QuackSince82 wrote:"But it was just very frustrating, being a fan for a long time, since I was a little kid" = Lie
The ducks were shitty when you were a kid too

Tom Sotelo = Fair Weather fan

Just like the moron fan that demanded money from Chip Kelly after the Boise State game making the rest of us duck fans look like spoiled children. Thanks Tom for giving more ammo to others schools fan bases.
+1, I would have gladly taken those tickets
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

This guy is a moron...he didn't prove any other point than that to anyone....and if anyone is somehow convinced that this might actually get Kent fired or make any changes for that matter they are severely out of touch with reality...what a DOUCHE! :roll: -100
TROD
One Star Recruit

Post by TROD »

Really? I understand frustration, but this guy must be a pretty new Duck fan. Listen people, those of us that have sat through the Don Read, Rick Brooks era in football (we really sucked before, what? 1986) I still would have never done that. Oh and how about the Don Monson days, or before that, when the pit was packed because it was enjoyable, not because of expectations put forth by " New Duck Fan" Don't go, but at least you could donate the tickets to a Childrens Institute of some sort. There are kids out there that have never been to a Duck game, that would love to go for the experience regardless of outcome. :mrgreen:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

What he should have done was donate the tickets to charity. Oh well, maybe this will finally make the AD do something with Kent. :)
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I get where this guys comming from. I think his main purpose was to just show his displeasure in where this program is going. As in Kent must go. He wanted to make a statement & guess what? It worked. He isn't a fair weather fan IMO because his purpose of doing this was the bettering of the bball program. Something we can all support.
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

First off, I don't want to sound like I'm a TRUE FAN and no one else is. I can understand why this guy is frustrated but can't understand why he's so frustrated. I knew we had the same team & coach that we had last year. Even the style of play looks the same as last year. I would've been happy with an NIT invite this year. But this fan isn't teaching his son very good sportsmanship. This is also the worst type of fan for other fans to have to sit by when our ducks are not playing well. Not only was he not having a good time at the games but he was probably ruining it for other fans around him.

"He wanted to make a statement & guess what? It worked"
What do you think the players thought of his statement. These are 18-21 kids not NBA all stars. They have feelings and hate loosing as much as we hate watching it. Statements from fans like this have got to make recruiting high caliber players much easier.

This fan is basically saying he will only root for the Ducks when they're winning. Which is the definition of a fair weather fan. An attitude that too many duck fans have adopted in recent years. I bet everyone here knows a duck fan you don't like to be around when the ducks are not playing well. Fans like these are the worst part of my game experience when I go to games. Even when we loose games I'm more ashamed of our fans turning on our team than how the team actually played. I was blown away by all the vehicles I saw on the drive back to Eugene on I5 from the rose bowl that had removed their Oregon gear from their cars just because we lost. Are they only proud to be Oregon fans after a win?
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

I kept my stuff on!!! :)
Return Of the Quack!
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Lets be honest here they were most likely color copies... :lol: :lol:

But seriously, I can understand being frustrated but you always route for your team even in the tough times...because it makes the good times that much better!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

"Tom Sotelo took a poll on e-duck.com Thursday night on whether or not he should burn his tickets, and the majority of responses voted for him to torch them."
That could be part of his problem.
Howry
Three Star Recruit

Post by Howry »

LOL after watching the first half the Cal game its not looking so bad for him anymore. =)
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I wouldn't call him a fair weather fan. Fair weather fans don't buy season tickets. And it's not like the Ducks were national champs last year and suck this year, they sucked last year too. He's freakin frustrated.
GO DUCKS!