Some thoughts on this year's team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Some thoughts on this year's team

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote: I couldn't care less what they were rated out of HS, you can see they have a ton of talent just by watching them play for a few minutes. They just need a coach that will make them better, not worse.
+1
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

But to me there is no player that seems to want to take over a game, except for Porter, which I think is the biggest detriment to this team's advancement. He takes way too many shots, which takes away from Dunigan's touches. Dunigan needs to be a bigger part of the offense but the players almost refuse to give him the ball and he doesn't seem to force the issue. Porter is easy to shut down since he's not much of a driving threat which forces him to huck shots from the outside. The Ducks have players who would be good slashers (Longmire, Williams, and Wilson) but they seem to just want to be jump shooters or not want to be the go-to scorer. It seems the players are waiting for someone to step and then they'll follow that player.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

There is no leadership on this team. I don't think a team like Stanford is very good, but they have someone like Landry Fields who gives them a solid game every time out. Oregon doesn't have that. Dunnigan will score 16, then score less than 10 for 5 straight games. Same goes for Porter and everyone else.