One thing I hate about this situation

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: One thing I hate about this situation

Post by greenyellow »

For all of Kent's faults, he will take responsibility for the team not playing well. He did that after the OSU loss, saying that he didn't have the team prepared well enough and the fault was all on him. He said some similar things after the last two losses to the Arizona schools, but also said that right now the players are lacking in confidence, but refused to single out a single player.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

greenyellow wrote:For all of Kent's faults, he will take responsibility for the team not playing well. He did that after the OSU loss, saying that he didn't have the team prepared well enough and the fault was all on him. He said some similar things after the last two losses to the Arizona schools, but also said that right now the players are lacking in confidence, but refused to single out a single player.

It would be one thing if it was one or two games where the team wasn't prepared or the players were lacking confidence, but this has happened way too often in Kent's time at Oregon. Honestly, I'm shocked Ernie is still around.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Kent comes off as arrogant because he acts like he is above the fans criticizm. He is always taking shots at fans with backhanded compliments. Like after we beat udub in washington he went on & on how Washington has the best homecourt advantage in the pac10 now... yeah who fault is it that mac court is empty Ernie? Yours. Maybe if your teams played with even a hint of heart & disipline people would come watch. He almost never admits when he is wrong or when we played bad that he got out coached. Its always that the players never follow the game plan. When we win, its because the players actually followed the COACHES game plan.

Its OK to be arrogant when you're WINNING. Chip can be that way cuz we go out & dominate people. I mean, he won the pac10 in his FIRST year as a head coach. That allows you to have some arrogance. But if we start playing like crap, losing games by 20+ and the players give up on the season 3 games in then Chip will start to annoy the crap out of me. Chip has earned his right to be confident/arrogant, Kent has completely lost it. He needs to grow a pair & just admit he can't get the job done anymore. If he did that at least he could leave the program with the respect of the fans.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Kent comes off as arrogant because he acts like he is above the fans criticizm. He is always taking shots at fans with backhanded compliments. Like after we beat udub in washington he went on & on how Washington has the best homecourt advantage in the pac10 now... yeah who fault is it that mac court is empty Ernie? Yours. Maybe if your teams played with even a hint of heart & disipline people would come watch. He almost never admits when he is wrong or when we played bad that he got out coached. Its always that the players never follow the game plan. When we win, its because the players actually followed the COACHES game plan.

Its OK to be arrogant when you're WINNING. Chip can be that way cuz we go out & dominate people. I mean, he won the pac10 in his FIRST year as a head coach. That allows you to have some arrogance. But if we start playing like crap, losing games by 20+ and the players give up on the season 3 games in then Chip will start to annoy the crap out of me. Chip has earned his right to be confident/arrogant, Kent has completely lost it. He needs to grow a pair & just admit he can't get the job done anymore. If he did that at least he could leave the program with the respect of the fans.
You'd be surprised how many fans completely disagree with you and have a lot of respect for him...And your thinking he's arrogant due to deficiencies you think he has not because of things he says...That's hilarious and by the rest of your post I don't even have the desire to banter with you, so I won't
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pudgejeff wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Kent comes off as arrogant because he acts like he is above the fans criticizm. He is always taking shots at fans with backhanded compliments. Like after we beat udub in washington he went on & on how Washington has the best homecourt advantage in the pac10 now... yeah who fault is it that mac court is empty Ernie? Yours. Maybe if your teams played with even a hint of heart & disipline people would come watch. He almost never admits when he is wrong or when we played bad that he got out coached. Its always that the players never follow the game plan. When we win, its because the players actually followed the COACHES game plan.

You'd be surprised how many fans completely disagree with you and have a lot of respect for him...And your thinking he's arrogant due to deficiencies you think he has not because of things he says...That's hilarious and by the rest of your post I don't even have the desire to banter with you, so I won't
Whatever you say Ernie.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Maybe Jeff is really Marcus Kent or something. :lol:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pudgejeff wrote:Say it as you may but I still haven't heard any defense on how he is arrogant whatsover.
how about infidelity, thats pretty arrogant.

this is an internet forum, everything on here is hearsay and opinion. so saying things like "give me an example of his arrogance" will not lead to a positive conclusion on your part because you will dismiss any evidence whatsoever as being hearsay and opinion, and thus inconclusive.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:Maybe Jeff is really Marcus Kent or something. :lol:
:lol: I posted the same thing earlier in another thread. I really think it's true.