How about this guy.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck55
Senior

Re: How about this guy.

Post by duck55 »

"You bring up the 90s in football, which I think is a perfect example to support my argument! Rich Brooks wasn't a great coach but did enough to get Oregon football going. I feel the same way about Ernie Kent. Not a great coach, but good enough to get the wheels rolling. Now it's time to hire a Mike Bellotti of basketball and get this basketball program going like our football program. There's NO reason we can't do that. [/quote]

And who exactly was Mike Bellotti before Oregon hired him? TK, I do agree with you, but I wonder if we are at a stage of expecting the top coaches in the land to drool over taking over the program here without even knowing who their boss will be (Thanks to the same Mike Bellotti)
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

duck55 wrote:"You bring up the 90s in football, which I think is a perfect example to support my argument! Rich Brooks wasn't a great coach but did enough to get Oregon football going. I feel the same way about Ernie Kent. Not a great coach, but good enough to get the wheels rolling. Now it's time to hire a Mike Bellotti of basketball and get this basketball program going like our football program. There's NO reason we can't do that.
And who exactly was Mike Bellotti before Oregon hired him? TK, I do agree with you, but I wonder if we are at a stage of expecting the top coaches in the land to drool over taking over the program here without even knowing who their boss will be (Thanks to the same Mike Bellotti)[/quote

As we all just learned, none of this was Mike Bellotti's fault.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck55 wrote:"You bring up the 90s in football, which I think is a perfect example to support my argument! Rich Brooks wasn't a great coach but did enough to get Oregon football going. I feel the same way about Ernie Kent. Not a great coach, but good enough to get the wheels rolling. Now it's time to hire a Mike Bellotti of basketball and get this basketball program going like our football program. There's NO reason we can't do that.

Well he was the OC for us for a while. Honestly, I don't think giving Dunlap an opportunity to be our head coach would have been such a bad idea.

All I know is it was DEFINITELY time for Ernie to go. So far, there's no regrets on that decision (unless we sign PJ, then mehhH).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

UOducksTK1 wrote: Well he was the OC for us for a while. Honestly, I don't think giving Dunlap an opportunity to be our head coach would have been such a bad idea.
It's still possible. He's waiting on us before he goes to St. John's.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Bellotti from '89-'94 was a lot like Jeff Tedford from '98-'01. He was nationally recognized as a top-flight offensive mind who was merely biding his time until he became a big-time head coach. I've wondered in the past what would have happened had Rich Brooks not gone to the NFL. Bellotti would have left for a big-time gig and flourished somewhere else... Oregon football would probably look a LOT different than it does today.

(sorry, back to basketball)
ImageImageImageImageImage