Alabama fires Mark Gottfried

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Alabama fires Mark Gottfried

Post by duckgrad99 »

So why do I bring this up? His record in conference and overall is almost identical to Kent. Some of our coaches need to be held to higher standards.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Re: Alabama fires Mark Gottfried

Post by ducksin2010 »

they probably fired him because they realized that oregon won't win a conference game and we took alabama to the woodshed
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

ducksin2010 wrote:they probably fired him because they realized that oregon won't win a conference game and we took alabama to the woodshed

Haha, good point.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

He's been on the hot seat and the story I heard today is that there was some kind of an issue at a golf course in the last week or so that embarrassed the school and became the final straw. No details and not sure if it's true, but if so I'll post more details when I get them
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

And he caused his PG (Ronald steele, former first team AA) to quit the team along with missing the tourney the last 2 years.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

Steele quitting the team was huge, he's had injuries, but there was more to him quitting the team, but the story hasn't really come out yet.

The other rumor I'm hearing is that he was hooking up with a 24 year old student (not sure I believe this one)

It's funny how similar Kent and Gottfried are. They're both great recruiters, but they can't seem to coach a bit. I think Bama has had so many kids leave early over the years because once they get on campus they realize that they're not going to improve playing under Gottfried.
illa
One Star Recruit

Post by illa »

duckgrad99 wrote:So why do I bring this up? His record in conference and overall is almost identical to Kent. Some of our coaches need to be held to higher standards.
How many elite 8s does he have?

end of thread.
SmiteMaster!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

1 actually
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

alabamaduck wrote:Steele quitting the team was huge, he's had injuries, but there was more to him quitting the team, but the story hasn't really come out yet.

The other rumor I'm hearing is that he was hooking up with a 24 year old student (not sure I believe this one)

It's funny how similar Kent and Gottfried are. They're both great recruiters, but they can't seem to coach a bit. I think Bama has had so many kids leave early over the years because once they get on campus they realize that they're not going to improve playing under Gottfried.
True...but hooking up with co-eds is not just a rumor in Kent's case.......St. Marys and Stanford.