Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
-
BillM
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 pm
Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Things are starting to make sense now and Altman's job got even harder!
http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... oregon.csp
http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... oregon.csp
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11006
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
I don't even know what to say to this? If we lose scholies over this, than all I have to say is thanks Kent for leaving our program so well off.
I'm sure some Kent lovers will come on here and tell us how it's not his fault, but to me if this turns out to be true it's just as bad as what Pete let happen at SC, or what Butch Davis has going on right now at NC. Well except Pete and Butch are smart enough to win while cheating.
-
BillM
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 pm
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Lose scholarships or recruits because we might be on probation. It sounds like multiple players might be involved and EK's "running a clean program" meme could be hit. I would HATE to be Dana Altman and his staff right now. HATE it.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Guess we will see what hits the fan... Altman has definitely been proactive in the situation, so we shall see what's up, eh?
At least he isn't taking Kiffin's tack of, "Don't worry, nothings gonna happen!"
At least he isn't taking Kiffin's tack of, "Don't worry, nothings gonna happen!"
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
I thought it was strange that Dunigan decided to leave, especially since finishing school was important to his family. If these eligibility issues are legit, then that certainly explains why he left. I just hope things work out. The basketball program is a mess right now.

- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
I think these eligibility questions are what ultimately pushed him out the door. Let's just hope that there aren't more serious problems that Kent had with the program. Some of these issues could have slipped in behind Kent's back and he didn't know about it, but it wouldn't shock me if he knew about them and just swept them under the rug.duckgrad99 wrote:I thought it was strange that Dunigan decided to leave, especially since finishing school was important to his family. If these eligibility issues are legit, then that certainly explains why he left. I just hope things work out. The basketball program is a mess right now.

-
uostudent
- Senior
- Posts: 3561
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.
It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
- Boom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5776
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:32 pm
- GM: Houston Rockets
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
I think there's a pretty good chance that it happened after Kent's firing and before we hired Altman.uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.
It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
-
bellsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3819
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
- GM: Utah Jazz
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Except that the report states, "There are nine players who could be described as “former” members of the past two teams, including three who used up their eligibility and six others who transferred to other schools, including four since the past season ended."Boom wrote:I think there's a pretty good chance that it happened after Kent's firing and before we hired Altman.uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.
It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
I immediately thought of World Wide Wes and his connection to Kenny Payne. Wasn't a connection between Dunnigan and WW Wes discussed when we were recruiting Big Mike? Did Wes have any connection to Jamil Wilson?uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.
It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
-
Cota
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 pm
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Boom wrote:I think there's a pretty good chance that it happened after Kent's firing and before we hired Altman.uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.
It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
Why am I not surprised to see you jump to Kent's defense?
-
uostudent
- Senior
- Posts: 3561
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Jamil came to Oregon because of Rosemond. I believe Dunigan, Humphrey, and Crittle were all recruited by Payne. Dunigan and Humphrey were viewed as pretty high level recruits. Crittle was a good, but not great recruit.maxduck wrote:I immediately thought of World Wide Wes and his connection to Kenny Payne. Wasn't a connection between Dunnigan and WW Wes discussed when we were recruiting Big Mike? Did Wes have any connection to Jamil Wilson?uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.
It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
-
gofightingducks
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5533
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Wow, things continue to get worse for the BB program....... Altman has even more work to do now and it is looking more and more like the team will be the doormat of the conference for awhile. What a mess, I feel bad for Altman and the kids that stuck around and were not involved. Hopefully things can be resolved quickly and the punishment is not severe.
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
What a mess...how could it get worse?
All I keep thinking about is how is this team going to go through this season with only NINE players?
Dana has a long road ahead of him and so do we!
GO DUCKS!!
All I keep thinking about is how is this team going to go through this season with only NINE players?
Dana has a long road ahead of him and so do we!
GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Dunigan's Eligibility Being Questioned
Kenny Payne and World Wide Wes have a long association, and Wes has been known to "influence" high school players in many ways. I won't be surprised if Kenny Payne is found to be involved in any extra benefits provided.uostudent wrote:Jamil came to Oregon because of Rosemond. I believe Dunigan, Humphrey, and Crittle were all recruited by Payne. Dunigan and Humphrey were viewed as pretty high level recruits. Crittle was a good, but not great recruit.maxduck wrote:I immediately thought of World Wide Wes and his connection to Kenny Payne. Wasn't a connection between Dunnigan and WW Wes discussed when we were recruiting Big Mike? Did Wes have any connection to Jamil Wilson?uostudent wrote:I'm not ready to jump on Kent quite yet. Ernie was here for 13 years and suddenly players start getting paid? I think it's far more likely that it was an assistant. Not to point fingers, but Yasir Rosemond joined the staff fairly recently and Kenny Payne came to Oregon in 2004.
It does make sense now why a good student like Dunigan would leave school.