A Little Inside Info

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SeanDuck
One Star Recruit

Re: A Little Inside Info

Post by SeanDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:If you guys think losing recruits/players without Kent would be bad, imagine if Calipari goes to Kentucky. Memphis had the #1 recruiting class for 2009. I would be totally fine with losing just Wilson if it meant Oregon having a better coach.
Key word.

I'm afraid we might sign a new coach that isn't much of an upgrade. I say only fire Kent this season if we can find a substantial upgrade.

Otherwise, one more year.
No way they fire him if he stays another, that more than likely means we have him for another 3. Which also means he will probably get lucky and make a tourney run.

With the booster money and the national attention our program gets we should be able to do better than EK.
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

Did anyone else notice Gonzaga lost to UNC by more than we did with a more experienced team at the end of the season. Most of our team was fresh out of high school when we played them. So how is Mark Few so much of an upgrade?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

spinseeker wrote:Did anyone else notice Gonzaga lost to UNC by more than we did with a more experienced team at the end of the season. Most of our team was fresh out of high school when we played them. So how is Mark Few so much of an upgrade?

Not a good comparison. Gonzaga also made it to the sweet 16. If Mark Few doesn't go to Oregon, he will probably be coaching at another major program.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

duckgrad99 wrote:
spinseeker wrote:Did anyone else notice Gonzaga lost to UNC by more than we did with a more experienced team at the end of the season. Most of our team was fresh out of high school when we played them. So how is Mark Few so much of an upgrade?

Not a good comparison. Gonzaga also made it to the sweet 16. If Mark Few doesn't go to Oregon, he will probably be coaching at another major program.
Word. You can't just compare the point spread of two games against the same team and use that to determine how good the coaches were.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

http://www.kval.com/sports/local/42237307.html

It's all but official now. I've supported Kilkenny with every other move so far, but not this one. Notice how the report said "at least" one more year for Kent. Is he really going to be the coach for the new arena? We aim for the best in every other sport at Oregon, so I really don't understand this.
SeanDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by SeanDuck »

duckgrad99 wrote:http://www.kval.com/sports/local/42237307.html

It's all but official now. I've supported Kilkenny with every other move so far, but not this one. Notice how the report said "at least" one more year for Kent. Is he really going to be the coach for the new arena? We aim for the best in every other sport at Oregon, so I really don't understand this.
Just saw that and I am not happy.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SeanDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:If you guys think losing recruits/players without Kent would be bad, imagine if Calipari goes to Kentucky. Memphis had the #1 recruiting class for 2009. I would be totally fine with losing just Wilson if it meant Oregon having a better coach.
Key word.

I'm afraid we might sign a new coach that isn't much of an upgrade. I say only fire Kent this season if we can find a substantial upgrade.

Otherwise, one more year.
No way they fire him if he stays another, that more than likely means we have him for another 3. Which also means he will probably get lucky and make a tourney run.

With the booster money and the national attention our program gets we should be able to do better than EK.
If we have another season like we did this year, he'll be gone.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Makes me sick. The double standard for basketball is disgusting.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

If we have another season like we did this year, he'll be gone.[/quote]

They wont
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Makes me sick. The double standard for basketball is disgusting.
PK has publicly stated that Oregon is not a basketball school. I'm pretty sure Phil Knight shares his view. Until Oregon is willing to pay the big bucks for a coach we will be stuck with Kent.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Boom wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Makes me sick. The double standard for basketball is disgusting.
PK has publicly stated that Oregon is not a basketball school. I'm pretty sure Phil Knight shares his view. Until Oregon is willing to pay the big bucks for a coach we will be stuck with Kent.

That was a stupid comment for Killkenny to make. He is a bright guy too, so that surprised me. If Oregon isn't a basketball school, why even get a new arena?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:
Boom wrote:

That was a stupid comment for Killkenny to make. He is a bright guy too, so that surprised me. If Oregon isn't a basketball school, why even get a new arena?
GREAT point duckgrad99. If we aren't a basketball school & won't invest in a big time coach then why are we wasting money on the monster arena? All Joe G talks about is how big time this will make us & how prominant program we will be now......not.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Kilkenny didn't say we would never be a big time basketball program, just that we aren't there yet. The arena will definitely help in that regard.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

duckduckgoose wrote:Kilkenny didn't say we would never be a big time basketball program, just that we aren't there yet. The arena will definitely help in that regard.
But Kent as coach won't help!