Page 8 of 9

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:11 pm
by wheaton4prez
No. It appears to me that minutes later he was in line when he was calmly apologizing publicly for his actions.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:17 pm
by huckthefuskies
There has been a few times in my life where I wished I could take back the last 10 minutes as well... Sometimes you just have to accept the hand and live with it though.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 pm
by wheaton4prez
I think you have to give him credit for coming around like that though. He has done everything right since the incident.

He could have pulled a Kellen Winslow in that interview.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 pm
by wiseforexinvestor
wheaton4prez wrote:I think you have to give him credit for coming around like that though. He has done everything right since the incident.

He could have pulled a Kellen Winslow in that interview.
"I'm a SOLDIER!" :lol:

BSU's secret punch

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:27 am
by blackjack17
Interesting slow-mo video showing BSU fan wielding chair and another striking Blount from the stands. WOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yk_QzfyiI

Re: BSU's secret punch

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:21 am
by gofightingducks
blackjack17 wrote:Interesting slow-mo video showing BSU fan wielding chair and another striking Blount from the stands. WOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yk_QzfyiI
I was sitting in the same section and had a really good view of everything that went on. I am sure what set Blount off was the fans yelling racial slurs and use of the "N" word by a number of those fans. People say a player should never attack a fan but those pieces of s**t had it coming for the way they were acting and what they were yelling.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:51 am
by karlhungis
See now you guys are starting to bring me around. I still don't fault the university for the punishment that issued but I would certainly be supportive of a reduced suspension based on further evidence.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:54 am
by canaduck
I am surprised how much more malicious Hout's intent looks from that angle.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:50 pm
by wheaton4prez
Indeed. Hout basically charged at Blount.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 pm
by Elduderino
Wheaton what vid is that you're talking about? I can't find it.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm
by wheaton4prez
It's the footage from "Oregon Football with Chip Kelly" shown on Comcast Sports Net on Sunday nights. It looks like they have their own cameras that they use.

I don't know if it's made its way on-line. But, it looks a lot different than the way it's been edited from the ESPN footage. You can see more of where Hout was before the punch and how quickly it all happened.

If I had the right stuff to convert it to the computer, I would. But, it's just on my DVR.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:57 pm
by UOducksTK1
Bye Blount. I must say it sucks to see him get suspended for good, but I can say we did exactly the right thing.

Time to move on. LaMichael James was more impressive against Boise than any other duck on Thursday (which isn't saying a whole lot haha). I truly believe he'll be a poor mans version of Best this year. Speed kills.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:55 am
by Pontius
UOducksTK1 wrote:Bye Blount. I must say it sucks to see him get suspended for good, but I can say we did exactly the right thing.

Time to move on. LaMichael James was more impressive against Boise than any other duck on Thursday (which isn't saying a whole lot haha). I truly believe he'll be a poor mans version of Best this year. Speed kills.

It's not only not saying a whole lot, it's saying NOTHING of value. It's one goddamn game. James had 2 carries and 75% of Blount's carries had NO CHANCE to begin with through no fault of his own. Blount averaged over 7 yards a carry last season and set a school record for TDs. You have got to be kidding me with this BS rhetoric that has been passed around by University apologists with regard to Blount's football ability. Move on? Okay, but at least admit that the whole thing has simply been a smear job done my self-righteous, emotional dead weights who lack the common decency of relative forgiveness.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:48 am
by Elduderino
Huh, thanks Wheaton. Thats certainly interesting; I guess I've always known that someone had to have another angle of the whole debacle that showed the entire story.

Re: Bye Bye Blount

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:10 am
by Greydrake
Two different offensive sets, Best is playing behind an experienced line and I imagine that Blount playing in Cal's offensive set and with that personnel would have set some pretty good numbers. Like Wheaton I can not lay Blount's yardage totally on him, the line leaked like a sieve.