Re: Dream Finish
Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:42 am
Coleman visiting next week
Oregon Ducks Sports Message Board Forum
https://ducksattack.com/forum/
I'm sure they will be open to anyone if they fill a need.HomeSickDuck wrote:Random thought I had, but do you think coaches will try and pull anyone from the portal or not? Maybe another CB?
He’s big, long arms, lots of immediate penetration, can blow people up with the bull rush. There was one highlight where he was immediately in the backfield, altering the path of the rb, who was tackled for a loss by another defender. His response wasn’t to celebrate like crazy, instead he was visibly annoyed with himself for not being the guy that made the tackle. To me it shows the desire to be great. Granted he’s blowing up high schoolers, but nobody on that tape was doing it like he does.StevensTechU wrote:Ducks are looking for a defensive lineman in this class. Made an offer today for a 3* out of Florida named Ahmad Moten. Just watched his tape, and I don't hate him... (I like him a lot) https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15170559/6 ... 068883f637
Dorlus was a 3* that no one paid attention to when we signed him. Besides Sewell, he is one of my favorite players.StevensTechU wrote:Ducks are looking for a defensive lineman in this class. Made an offer today for a 3* out of Florida named Ahmad Moten. Just watched his tape, and I don't hate him... (I like him a lot) https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15170559/6 ... 068883f637
We've had good (Jordon Scott, Brandon Dorlus) and not so good (basically every other Willie Taggart recruit from Florida). Heck, we were 50/50 even at Dorlus' high school! Ge'Mon Eaford transferred down and is currently back in the portal.DmoneyDuck wrote:Hawaii and Florida are two states I love getting recruits from, regardless of star ranking those dudes always seem to produce.
Given Mario’s reputation as the Greek god of recruiting Florida athletes and the respect he commands in the Miami area it’s been shocking how few recruits we’ve targeted from there. We’ve hit the state of Alabama with great success, but the much more talent rich Florida seems to have been forgotten.StevensTechU wrote:We've had good (Jordon Scott, Brandon Dorlus) and not so good (basically every other Willie Taggart recruit from Florida). Heck, we were 50/50 even at Dorlus' high school! Ge'Mon Eaford transferred down and is currently back in the portal.DmoneyDuck wrote:Hawaii and Florida are two states I love getting recruits from, regardless of star ranking those dudes always seem to produce.
Barton commits to Utah, not too surprising since he cancelled his Oregon visit. Its too bad as he has a great football pedigree that all went to Utah.GoDucksTroll wrote:Sategna I really, really liked. Can’t blame him when he sees our WR stats, lack of proven QB for the future, and guys like Troy Franklin and Deonte Thornton waiting to be the man.
Good read from Wiltfong: https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 174469901/
Duck relevant updates:
* Doesn’t list Oregon as one of Harold Perkins’ top-5.
* Anthony Lucas looks like Texas A&M or Bama, no mention of Oregon.
* Domani Jackson, incredible athlete and 5-star CB from Mater Dei who is committed to USC is considering Michigan and Alabama.
* 4-star LB David Bailey, another Mater Dei kid, is looking like USC or Stanford - although Oregon has tried.
* USC QB commit Devin Brown looking around, Ole Miss possibly.
* Josh Connerly - thinks it’s Michigan, no mention of Oregon.
* Kevin Coleman is either Florida State or Oregon.
That trims our dream finish list to:
* Connerly (unlikely) Coleman, Cyrus Moss, Nyjalik Kelly, Zeke Berry, LB Lander Barton.
I don’t count out Mario and company for surprises, it seems like there is at least one every year.
I believe we have worked hard to get back in there, but not much success. If we do, it's ALL Marcel Yates.HomeSickDuck wrote:Are we getting involved with Zion Branch?
From the stuff I’ve seen on Twitter, he does not like the UO.DmoneyDuck wrote:ANY chance on landing even a visit from Domani Jackson?