John Loyd

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 pm
Location: Pendleton

Re: John Loyd

Post by Autzenoise »

swagnatic101 wrote:
I just think it's a little classless to bag on the guy about something like that especially after he's been gone for a couple months now.

I mean I know we all love our ducks, but put yourself in his situation, you know you're a wrap as a coach, the entire program knows, you honestly are going to tell me that you're still going to go out and recruit? Absolutely not. No outgoing coach has ever done that no matter how much they love their respective University.
Well I am not sure about anyone else, but if I am getting paid for doing a job, I should probably do it. Let alone the fact that he got paid multiples of what most of us get paid. You truly think you would continue on with you job for months if you had the same lack of production and get paid? I like Ernie as a person, but if my donor dollars are paying him to do a job, whether he thinks he is going to get fired or not, he damn well better do it to the best of his ability. I kind of hope that the next program that is looking ot hire him sees his lack of execution during the last few months of his tenure here.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: John Loyd

Post by woundedknees »

I have always been of the opinion that regardless of my level of pay, my employer receives the best that I have to give, every day.

Obviously, not everyone agrees.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
Juice
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 am
Location: Seattle

Re: John Loyd

Post by Juice »

woundedknees wrote:I have always been of the opinion that regardless of my level of pay, my employer receives the best that I have to give, every day.

Obviously, not everyone agrees.
For 13 years the man gave his best.
Autzenoise wrote: Well I am not sure about anyone else, but if I am getting paid for doing a job, I should probably do it. Let alone the fact that he got paid multiples of what most of us get paid. You truly think you would continue on with you job for months if you had the same lack of production and get paid? I like Ernie as a person, but if my donor dollars are paying him to do a job, whether he thinks he is going to get fired or not, he damn well better do it to the best of his ability. I kind of hope that the next program that is looking ot hire him sees his lack of execution during the last few months of his tenure here.
Once he knew he was fired, it's not like he just sat back and said I'm done, I don't care about my players, I don't care if we win or not. He continued to coach them and gave it his all on the court till the very last game. Now I understand off the court (recruiting in particular) is part of the job description, but like what maxduck said.. What else could he really do?
maxduck wrote:Seriously, besides saying how great Oregon is what could he say? "No, I don't know who your coach will be, I don't know who the assistants will be, I don't know what style of offense he runs, I don't know what type of defense he likes, I assume he will stress academics, no idea about his personality, but hey, come to Eugene. I'm sure you will be happy."

About all Ernie and his staff could do was keep in touch with prospects, which it appears they did.
Post Reply