We'll probably never get an accurate estimate of how many are infected with this disease, since, at least in Oregon, the first thing medical professionals assess is the individual's "risk factor"... If you don't meet certain criteria, you'll be sent home without the test.pezsez1 wrote:This is far more deadly than flu at every age bracket. Also, what do you have against old people?Average age of death in Italy is 81. Most people are fine...
I'm glad to see the conversation here beginning to focus on the fact that this isn't some kind of "hoax" or media hype.
COVID-19 is real and it's here in far bigger numbers than we've tested for. The death count is just beginning. I really hope everyone is taking social distancing seriously.
Also, since this is a Duck football forum, everyone here should be bracing for the upcoming football season to be canceled or played in front of an empty stadium.
Instructions will be given on dealing with an upper respiratory infection, and that's it, except for possible follow-up. Also, expect to be told that you are likely looking at 2-3 weeks of recovery time.
I would like to be tested in the event I contract one of the viruses, simply because I am responsible for my 93 year old diabetic father-in-law, and his 88 year old wife, as well as my own wife and daughter, both recent cancer patients, with my daughter also afflicted by a drug induced auto-immune syndrome.
Guess what? She was sent to er with pneumonia-like symptoms this week and they declined to perform the test because she doesn't meet the criteria.
Good luck, stay healthy folks, if you can.




