Page 10 of 11

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:51 pm
by Duck07
Seattle should really draft Matt Scott to backup RW. Not this Brady Quinn nonsense.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:51 pm
by Duck07
Boyett is a Colt!

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:55 pm
by greenyellow
Duck07 wrote:Boyett is a Colt!
Good for him after the difficult year he had, injury-wise. Probably will start off in STs but eventually make his way to defense.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:00 pm
by Duck07
Duck07 wrote:Seattle should really draft Matt Scott to backup RW. Not this Brady Quinn nonsense.
I get the rumors of Turbin to FB but I'm more concerned with the #2 QB than the #3 RB. Sorry Bud :D

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:15 pm
by Duck07
Manti looked very relieved that his first question as a Pro was about football. I hope it stays that way.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:05 pm
by duckgrad99
Chip takes Jordan Poyer.

NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:25 pm
by UofDuck
I wonder if Chip has an alternative motive for Barkley. Every year there's quarterback injuries and every year NFL teams scramble to find backup quarterbacks or new starters. Having Matt Barkley in your pocket for trade bait might not be a bad move. Could pick up a few earlier draft picks when somebody's desperate

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:41 pm
by GrandpaDuck
UofDuck wrote:I wonder if Chip has an alternative motive for Barkley. Every year there's quarterback injuries and every year NFL teams scramble to find backup quarterbacks or new starters. Having Matt Barkley in your pocket for trade bait might not be a bad move. Could pick up a few earlier draft picks when somebody's desperate
I think you might be close. Barkley himself has little trade value as all the other teams passed over him several times. But if Chip thinks Barkley is as good as Foles, and Foles stint last year makes him a desirable commodity, he could get trade him and get second or first round value by picking Barkley in the 4th.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:02 pm
by buckmarkduck
Duck07 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Seattle should really draft Matt Scott to backup RW. Not this Brady Quinn nonsense.
I get the rumors of Turbin to FB but I'm more concerned with the #2 QB than the #3 RB. Sorry Bud :D

I don't see Turbin as the fb. I think Seattle drafted Ware to play FB, which is what he played when he first got to LSU.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:29 pm
by karlhungis
duckgrad99 wrote:Chip takes Jordan Poyer.
Seems like Chip had a pretty good draft.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:06 pm
by Phenom
Poyer is a steal. Better player than Trufant.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:47 pm
by cordy02c
Even though he wasn't drafted Micheal Clay sings free agent deal with dolphins

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:03 pm
by RanDux
cordy02c wrote:Even though he wasn't drafted Micheal Clay sings free agent deal with dolphins
And Remington signed a deal with Philly.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:12 pm
by Duck07
buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Seattle should really draft Matt Scott to backup RW. Not this Brady Quinn nonsense.
I get the rumors of Turbin to FB but I'm more concerned with the #2 QB than the #3 RB. Sorry Bud :D

I don't see Turbin as the fb. I think Seattle drafted Ware to play FB, which is what he played when he first got to LSU.
idk. Turbin had a tweet about meeting with Tom Cable and "big news" a while back but we'll see. Hopefully Marshawn doesn't become disgruntled with all the new backs and just focuses on staying healthy and working out.

Re: NFL Draft Thread

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 am
by Bud Lee
posted the following in the wrong thread while drunk posting last night:

Crazy Draft stat...The SEC East lead the way with 32 selections...Followed by the SEC West with 31 for a total of 63. That's more than double the ACC with 31 and the Pac-12 with 28. For the record the Big 12 and the Big Ten each had 22 players drafted.


On another note Chip signed Brad Wing as a punter...hell of a free agent pick up.