Have they dumped...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Have they dumped...

Post by pudgejeff »

An affair isn't grounds for firing...I'm sorry but would you get fired from your job for having an affair...no...I don't know maybe it was the way I was brought up but that just isn't that big of a deal in my opinion other than the ramifications on his marriage...So what the rich white girl went out with the married black guy...And that's why he didn't get fired...because it got out that the biggest problem the booster had wasn't that he was with his daughter but that he was black and with her.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pudgejeff wrote:An affair isn't grounds for firing...I'm sorry but would you get fired from your job for having an affair...no...I don't know maybe it was the way I was brought up but that just isn't that big of a deal in my opinion other than the ramifications on his marriage...So what the rich white girl went out with the married black guy...And that's why he didn't get fired...because it got out that the biggest problem the booster had wasn't that he was with his daughter but that he was black and with her.
Would you get fired for having an affiar with your boss's daughter? That's essentially what Kent did by getting involved with a boosters daughter. The boosters are now the ones pushing for him to be canned & they're probably gonna get their way. Just like your boss would get his way if you were messing around with his daughter.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I agree that having an affair isn't grounds for firing. On the other hand, the sports industry is not like any other profession out there. Personally, I don't want Kent gone for this though. It has no effect on how he has done his job.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

pudgejeff wrote:An affair isn't grounds for firing...I'm sorry but would you get fired from your job for having an affair...no...I don't know maybe it was the way I was brought up but that just isn't that big of a deal in my opinion other than the ramifications on his marriage...So what the rich white girl went out with the married black guy...And that's why he didn't get fired...because it got out that the biggest problem the booster had wasn't that he was with his daughter but that he was black and with her.
No, but constantly having your team unprepared to run an offense or play defense is.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

And if that's how they feel that's totally fine with me, I disagree but I'd be okay with that reasoning...I just hate when people bring this up as something against him as a coach.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

this isn't our business.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pudgejeff wrote:And if that's how they feel that's totally fine with me, I disagree but I'd be okay with that reasoning...I just hate when people bring this up as something against him as a coach.

Pretty Hypocritical to be recruiting kids to your "family values" program and then do this.

Just sayin...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

It's not a family values program...It's a graduate your kids and prepare them for life program...Which is why parents love him
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pudgejeff wrote:It's not a family values program...It's a graduate your kids and prepare them for life program...Which is why parents love him
Except the parents of a certain girl he took to mexico. :twisted:
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Ya cause they're racist...good for them
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pudgejeff wrote:Ya cause they're racist...good for them
Think before you post, please. They're DONORS and support EK's "program" or at least they did. Do you really think they would donate to the Oregon basketball team that has a black coach and mostly black kids if they were racist? Calling them racists is ignorant. :scewhitsfloor:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Are these the same dudes that keep trying to nickname Oregon DuckN..... ?

Geez, I can't even joke about that nasty phrase!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

nogerO wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:Ya cause they're racist...good for them
Think before you post, please. They're DONORS and support EK's "program" or at least they did. Do you really think they would donate to the Oregon basketball team that has a black coach and mostly black kids if they were racist? Calling them racists is ignorant. :scewhitsfloor:
Alright ignorance patrol... The only reason they got mad about everything is not because EK was their hoops coach, not because their daughter had an affair with a married man, but because coach Kent was a black man with their white daughter. Last time I checked, the year wasn't 1900.