Kent Stays Assistant Let Go

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: Kent Stays Assistant Let Go

Post by duckduckgoose »

duckgrad99 wrote:
briarduck wrote:Lets be happy they did something...Dunlap is a solid hire short or long term!

Yes he is, but what are we paying Kent for then? :lol:
We are paying Kent to recruit and graduate 100% of the kids he brings in.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckduckgoose wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
briarduck wrote:Lets be happy they did something...Dunlap is a solid hire short or long term!

Yes he is, but what are we paying Kent for then? :lol:
We are paying Kent to recruit and graduate 100% of the kids he brings in.
Yeah cuz that's all that a HEAD coach needs to do to have a successful basketball program. :roll: That's why this hire is such a joke, IMO. We are paying Ernie to do an assistants job & now an assistant to do a head coaches job.

Just keep grauating your players though Kent. That's all that matters to us narrow minded Duck basketball fans. Who cares if we can't play BASKETBALL, our players get good grades! Whoohoo!
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Yes he is, but what are we paying Kent for then? :lol:[/quote]
We are paying Kent to recruit and graduate 100% of the kids he brings in.[/quote]

Yeah cuz that's all that a HEAD coach needs to do to have a successful basketball program. :roll: That's why this hire is such a joke, IMO. We are paying Ernie to do an assistants job & now an assistant to do a head coaches job.

Just keep grauating your players though Kent. That's all that matters to us narrow minded Duck basketball fans. Who cares if we can't play BASKETBALL, our players get good grades! Whoohoo![/quote]
You asked what we were paying Kent for and I told you. We are paying Dunlap to mold these kids into great basketball players. I think a lot of the folks here are bigger Ernie haters than they are Duck fans.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Well first, I didn't ask what we are paying kent for. That was duckgrad99. Secondly, like I said, recruiting & graduating players is only a small amount of a HEAD coaches job. If that's all you want your HEAD coach to be able to do then you might wanna drop down a few divisions & root for Western Oregon.

As a Duck fan I want us to actually win games & be a top level program. Not one that settles for the kinda crap we have now. I don't hate Ernie Kent. I loved him in the early 2000s when he was doing a great job. These past six year though, his lack of ability to coach has become very obvious. It's my loyalty to the Ducks that wants Kent gone. You can question my fandome but at the same time I would question whether you are real Duck fan by setling for this kind of basketball. Like I said, I root for the BASKETBALL team & for my Ducks to win BASKETBALL games, not for our starting guard to regress in his four years but get good grades.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

DT=DD, sorry I put those words in your mouth. With all those quotes in there I messed up. I am not a huge Ernie fan (although I might sound like one on here). I just think that Ernie might not be the greatest coach, but he is OUR coach and until the time he isn't I think he deserves a little respect.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckduckgoose wrote:DT=DD, sorry I put those words in your mouth. With all those quotes in there I messed up. I am not a huge Ernie fan (although I might sound like one on here). I just think that Ernie might not be the greatest coach, but he is OUR coach and until the time he isn't I think he deserves a little respect.
Ok I would agree with you there. I probably come off as the opposite, a total EK hater. I'm really not, EK does get on my nerves but ultimately I just want a good coach leading this team & IMO Kent is not that good of a coach.

I think this move will work great if Kent leds Dunlap do his job. My only problem with it is that it doesn't really fix anything long term. It's just a temporary band-aid that will eventually "fall off" so to speak. What do we do when Dunlap takes off? We will simply be right back to where we are now, needing a fix.