Kent, Staff, and Fan Base Deserve An Apology

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Re: Kent, Staff, and Fan Base Deserve An Apology

Post by TTownDuck »

I'm not sold that Few was actually offered the job. I haven't heard anything other than people saying "sources say...". I mean, "sources" are made up all the time in the media. John Canzano has admitted to making up sources (although he's just a douche bag), and I'd wager 99% of all sports trade rumors are absolute fiction made up by bored sports writers.

That said. I don't think it says anything that Few turned Kilkenny down, if it actually happened. I posted this somewhere else (eDuck, I think?) and maybe somewhere here, so I apologize if this is a double post. But coaches don't like to screw over other coaches, and on top of that, I've always heard that Few and Kent are good friends. If Few were to have accepted Kilkenny's hypothetical offer, that would mean, essentially, that Few was putting the nail in Kent's coffin. Kind of a kick in the crotch to a fellow coach, and good friend on top of it. Coaches with integrity don't do that. If and when Kent is actually fired, and Oregon has an opening, then we'll see where we're at with Few. IMO, he'd come aboard in that scenerio.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

If in fact Few did turn down the offer I bet it is because he is happy to be successful in a easy conference where is is almost assured of always making the tournament. If he came to Oregon he would have to compete in a PAC-10 conference that usually gets between 5-6 teams into the tournament every year and play against traditional powerhouses UCLA and Arizona every year. Maybe he is afraid of not succeeding at his alma matter because I think the expectations would be very high considering his success at Gonzaga.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

Finally i found an article that summed all my thoughts about the whole situation. Well written and very nice job getting the ideas across!
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

duckgrad99 wrote:Am I the only one that is surprised that Few wasn't interested in the Oregon or Arizona jobs? I thought Oregon would be the perfect fit for him. What else can he accomplish at Gonzaga? It's not much of a challenge there when you blow everyone out year after year. The pac-10 is a huge step up from the WCC. I'm sure Few and his family are happy where they are, but it kind of has me troubled about the direction of our program.
I, for one, am extremely happy we did not trade Kent for Few. In my eyes, Few would have been a "more expensive" Kent. Did anyone see that UNC game? Look familiar?? I just kept seeing 3s go up with nobody in position to even think about getting a rebound. Did Few borrow EK's game plan? I know UNC is a very good team, but that was a pathetic coaching job in that game.

Now if Tubby or Galespie were interested, then I think it would have been smart to pull the trigger.