True Freshmen That Played Today

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: True Freshmen That Played Today

Post by buckmarkduck »

No, Brown was a top ranked DE (what Mich wanted him to play) who had never played TE until last year. Didn't even play O before, but loved TE and UO told him he could play TE here.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:No, Brown was a top ranked DE (what Mich wanted him to play) who had never played TE until last year. Didn't even play O before, but loved TE and UO told him he could play TE here.
According to Rivals he was 6'6 220. That's big WR size.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Marshal is faster then Barner believe it or not(both in the 100 and 40), and a lot faster and a harder worker then Tra. It took Snoop about a half of the year to really get it, and LMJ until the 4th game of his R-Fr year to get it. Don't shake or dance, just run and trust your olineman to take care of you. Once Marshal learns that, he will be a beast.
Clearly not true.

Yes, it will take Marshall some time to learn the offense to use it instinctively instead of hesitating. However, I could see with my own eyes that Barner and DAT are obviously the fastest running backs on the roster.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

NCDucks09 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Marshal is faster then Barner believe it or not(both in the 100 and 40), and a lot faster and a harder worker then Tra. It took Snoop about a half of the year to really get it, and LMJ until the 4th game of his R-Fr year to get it. Don't shake or dance, just run and trust your olineman to take care of you. Once Marshal learns that, he will be a beast.
Clearly not true.

Yes, it will take Marshall some time to learn the offense to use it instinctively instead of hesitating. However, I could see with my own eyes that Barner and DAT are obviously the fastest running backs on the roster.

Did you even look up the times? Marshal 40 time 4.42 electric time and 4.38 hand time at Army AA and 100 10.6 flat. Barner 40 4.58 but UO hand time (though some say he ran in the 4.3s) 10.62.

Look I get it BM looked slow last night, but at the same time he wa dancing, not many people can dance and accelerate like DAT. He will be fine, let him play behind the one's and not telegraph the plays, and you'll see the speed.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I agree with buckmark. Just look at Marshall's highlight videos. He is very very fast. He just needs to hit the hole harder and he'll be fine. Campbell will make him a beast.]
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Marshall is faster than Barner...he just isn't able to read defenses and cut as quickly as Barner does...right now.

Once Marshall becomes more comfortable, I think we're going to see a pretty special player.

Still can't get over the fact how big Brown is. He displayed good hands and ran solid routes. I imagine we'll see some 2 TE sets this year with both Lyerla and Brown on the field at the same time.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

With Daniels and Brown playing it's pretty much a given that Bayliss will redshirt. Weird.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

So one game in, first time on the field as a true freshman in front of a
full stadium and people are trying to compare Marshall with Barner.
That's really not fair. I was there in person and came away for the most
part impressed with Marshall. Sure he made some freshman mistakes
but he also showed some really good power on his touchdown. Once he
has a year of learning under Campbell he will be a dam good back.
No one can compare to DAT. That speed and vision cant be coached that's
just flat out a god given talent. When Barner got here, when LMJ got here they
made their mistakes to. They didn't just walk in and were great.
Let's give these freshman a chance in Chips system, If they were not good enough
to play he would redshirt them. What i see with all these young players is a very
bright future. But one game in you can not come to a judgement on these kids.
At the end of the year when the season is over lets see how they have done. When
they have gone up against pac12 teams and better defenses or offenses. But after one
game.. not yet.
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

Replayed the game his mornIng. In the second half the OLine was not pushing the ASU DLine off the ball. Marshall and Ford fOught for every yard
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:With Daniels and Brown playing it's pretty much a given that Bayliss will redshirt. Weird.
Considering he came in during the spring, I surely thought he would play over those 2.
vagusnerve
Freshman

Post by vagusnerve »

greenyellow wrote:
Phenom wrote:With Daniels and Brown playing it's pretty much a given that Bayliss will redshirt. Weird.
Considering he came in during the spring, I surely thought he would play over those 2.
Everyone did. But practices are closed.

Could be any number of reasons for it.

There are dudes with info on practices... that's why certain people all knew MM was gonna be the starter, for example. Maybe one of them knows, but isn't telling for a reason, or isn't telling because it's just not terribly important.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

Lol, comparing Marshall's hand times compared to Barner's collegiate electric timed track stat... Not even close to the same credibility.

I've watched Barner since he was converted from a DB to an RB, even then he looked faster than what Marshall looked like against ASU. Don't get me wrong, I really like Marshall and wish him a lot of success, but saying he's faster than Barner is hilarity.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

NCDucks09 wrote:Lol, comparing Marshall's hand times compared to Barner's collegiate electric timed track stat... Not even close to the same credibility.

I've watched Barner since he was converted from a DB to an RB, even then he looked faster than what Marshall looked like against ASU. Don't get me wrong, I really like Marshall and wish him a lot of success, but saying he's faster than Barner is hilarity.
So what you're saying is, Marshall's official track times compared to Barners hold no credibility against your naked eye watching a game from the stands/on tv opinion. Ok.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

40 times out of high school are almost 99% of the time inaccurate. I trust my observations much more than some blog report stating a 40 time. And if I'm proven wrong next year when all these guys square off in the Spring, then great. If it's a case of Byron making quicker decisions and learning the offense more, I'd be very happy, because that just means more talent and production for the Ducks.

I personally spoke with Carson York last summer and he told me BJ Kelley was probably the fastest guy on the team, but then when Kenjon, Barner, Kelley, and DAT all ran the 100m in official collegiate track meets, DAT was faster than all of them and BJ was even slower than Kenjon.

http://www.all-athletics.com/en-us/node/416714

http://www.all-athletics.com/node/407324

According to this websites recorded stats, Marshall is faster. However, I do call into question the records of high school versus collegiate records. At the end of the day it's all moot because we know that football speed is different than track speed.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Cool to see 3 different true freshmen catching some passes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13