Bud Lee wrote:303DucksFan wrote:Autzen stadium is gonna win this game for us. The crowd is going to be nuts!
You do realize these guys play in The Swamp (90,000+) , Bryant–Denny Stadium in Bama (100,00+) , and in Between the Hedges in Georgia (90,000+) , every other year and on occasion venture to Death Valley (92,000 +). Those are four of the loudest stadiums in the nation, not to mention that their own stadium seats 100,000. They are kind of use to that kind of environment. Not taking anything from Autzen by the way! Your stadium is on my short list of "dream trip" visits. As soon as I can I want to travel over to y'all play in a conference game.
Though yes, the travel time and distance, the fact that they are playing in a different time, and the hostile environment are all in your favor. Though it isn't going to win it for you....a guy that should be on everyone's Heisman watch list named Marcus Mariota will win it for you in my opinion.
karlhungis wrote:You have a different definition for a trap game than I do. I have always thought that the general consensus was that a trap game is essentially a team that you would overlook for various reasons, and there is not a chance in hell that Oregon would overlook an SEC team with the name recognition of Tennessee coming to Autzen.
I don’t think we are differing in “definition”, I believe we are simply analyzing the situation differently. I think because of how the Vols performed last year, (i.e. finishing second to last in the SEC East with a losing record of 5-7) , the way y’all “butch slapped “ them in their house 41-14 in ’10, and the thought process of “it’s no way they can be good, all of their starters left” sets this up as a game that the players may overlook this game. Coupled that with the fact that this game is at Autzen and is sandwiched between a long away trip to Virginia and your conference opener, it has all the making of a trap game.
Everyone and their mama is going to have the Ducks winning with ease, likely playing their 2nd string in the 4th, (and I think they will) and I think that adds to the “trap” game feel.
UOducksTK1 wrote:Meh Tennessee hasn't won on the road since 2010 against Vanderbilt.
Tennessee on the other hand loses their best offensive player in Bray, no way they can keep up with us. Their defense is terrible. Only way this game is within two scores is if Oregon calls it off in the 4th quarter, and Tennessee gets some pity points.
Tennessee has WAY too much going against them by the time they enter Autzen.
See, there it is, fans and players are going to go into this thinking that, as my man TK1 here said, "Tennessee has WAY too much going against them" , thus setting it up to be a "we got this, who's next" vib.

thanks
With all of the above being said…perhaps referring to this as a “trap” game was a misnomer. We could argue the semantics of the term all day but my original thought behind my post is that the Vols may be posed to “upset” (which may in fact be the better term) your Ducks. I'll try to be more careful with my "buzz" words in the future.
