Page 2 of 2
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:26 pm
by GrandpaDuck
So i verified, his 40 was 4.68 at the Vegas Nike. Sparq at 107, good 40 and powerball, so so Shuttle and Vertical Jump.
Note he played in Hawaii and only transferred to Bishop Gorman this year which might explain his low rating compared to offer list.
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:37 pm
by greenyellow
woundedknees wrote:"He was recruited by future position coach Cort Dennison
and his uncle Joe Salave’a."
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 121186684/
"Ma’ae plays defensive end on the prep level but has the athleticism and body type the Oregon staff is looking for to play outside linebacker on the next level."
"Ma'ae was as coveted as any target remaining on the board."
Not sure how I missed that part. No wonder they were after him so hard.
QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:46 pm
by UofDuck
This is one of the only guys who can win the "Troy Dye 3-star but actually best in class" trophy, because he is one of the few 3 stars in the class. Note, this trophy is not given out every year.
Post of the day^. Offer list is very solid. Should be a 4*. OU, SC, WA...
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:11 pm
by StevensTechU
GrandpaDuck wrote:pdxduck wrote:StevensTechU wrote:TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.
https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
Watching his highlights I would have guessed him at faster than 4.9 but I wouldn't have guessed 4.6. Anyway 40 times aren't as important as 10 yard times which we never see anyway.
I agree, but I would say that if you recruit Hunter Kampmoyer athleticism, you get Hunter Kampmoyer production.
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:14 pm
by Phenom
He's got great potential because of his athletic ability and size. was my #1 realistic rush end want.
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:46 pm
by Alan
UOducksTK1 wrote:woundedknees wrote:"He was recruited by future position coach Cort Dennison
and his uncle Joe Salave’a."
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 121186684/
"Ma’ae plays defensive end on the prep level but has the athleticism and body type the Oregon staff is looking for to play outside linebacker on the next level."
"Ma'ae was as coveted as any target remaining on the board."
Well family ties never hurt..
Just to make things 100% clear, big Joe is his uncle? Which I don't care in the least about, he had good offers and is a solid 3 star.... just more than curious about it. Thanks
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:01 pm
by buckmarkduck
pdxduck wrote:StevensTechU wrote:TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.
https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
And that's later times. Dont know where the 4.9 is coming from, but it's wrong. Kid will be a beast at 250- 260
Also to answer the previous question, Tony Washington ran a 5 flat.
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:52 pm
by Duck07
TualatinDuck wrote:Que Poly to tell us how to pronounce his last name.
If I paid attention enough while he was teaching us all, I think its Ma-Eh-Uh.
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 pm
by greenyellow
According to GA Tre Watson, it sounds like Oregon isn't done yet:
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:15 pm
by woundedknees
buckmarkduck wrote:pdxduck wrote:StevensTechU wrote:TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.
https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
And that's later times. Dont know where the 4.9 is coming from, but it's wrong. Kid will be a beast at 250- 260
Also to answer the previous question, Tony Washington ran a 5 flat.
No worries... With the "Oregon Bump", he'll be a 2* in no time!
Re: Treven Ma'ae - QUACK
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:35 pm
by ducks5ever
StevensTechU wrote:GrandpaDuck wrote:pdxduck wrote:StevensTechU wrote:TualatinDuck wrote:He had a solid offer list, curious why only a 3*.
Because he runs a 4.9 40. I don't think we've ever had a successful linebacker that slow.
This article has his SPARQ laser timed 40 at 4.6.
https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/week ... -showdown/
Watching his highlights I would have guessed him at faster than 4.9 but I wouldn't have guessed 4.6. Anyway 40 times aren't as important as 10 yard times which we never see anyway.
I agree, but I would say that if you recruit Hunter Kampmoyer athleticism, you get Hunter Kampmoyer production.
Yes my thoughts exactly. I'd rather have someone who is really good at the end spot or OLB spot but not so so at both (Kampoyer; Kenny Rowe covering the 1st Auburn TD, etc.). But hey thank goodness I'm not good at evaluating talent and perhaps he can turn into a Jelks monster.
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:53 pm
by jimmy12
Phenom wrote:He's got great potential because of his athletic ability and size. was my #1 realistic rush end want.
Phenom-- I'd like to hear more about why he was your number 1? Even more than higher rated athletes?
Re: QUACK Ma'ae
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:22 am
by polyduck
Duck07 wrote:TualatinDuck wrote:Que Poly to tell us how to pronounce his last name.
If I paid attention enough while he was teaching us all, I think its Ma-Eh-Uh.
It's pronounced:
Ma'ae....Mah-ah-eh
He's related to my wife's family.
#lezgoDucks!