Page 2 of 4

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm
by karlhungis
greenyellow wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
brich75 wrote:Lol I can’t even believe Johnson is in this “who would you rather” scenario.. it’s like having a hat for Bama, Clemson, and Oregon St on the table

I don't follow. This Johnson : https://247sports.com/Player/Juwan-John ... ool-52053/

Who is now 225 lbs.

Are you thinking Johnny Johnson?
Most people are basing this on potential and catching ability, both of which Ford and Nacua show/have while Johnson is not quite at that same level.
And our poor track record with transfers in general. The odds of Johnson somehow being a better addition than Puka or Ford are really small.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:53 pm
by greenyellow
That too.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:55 pm
by lukeyrid13
I actually think Johnson would be the most helpful for the 2019 season at least.

Ford would have been if he were guaranteed to be 100% healthy but he probably won't be. I would be happy with Johnson as a consolation prize. Obviously having an All-American WR that we can have for 3-4 years is better than a good WR for one year but if they both stick with USC I'll happily take Johnson since he's the best grad transfer WR available at this point.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:57 pm
by Duckenstein
Both Johnson and cager are visiting. They intend to take a grad transfer wr

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:24 pm
by buckmarkduck
jimmy12 wrote:I can only see them taking one....unless we see more than one transfer.

Juwan Johnson (Grad Transfer) : https://247sports.com/Player/Juwan-Johnson-31894/

Puka Nacua: https://247sports.com/Player/Puka-Nacua-46039709/

Kyle Ford: https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Ford-46037885/

I think I am on the Puka train. He is really fast and runs great routes.

What do people think? There is likely a choice coming....
We can take 1 of the HS guys and the grad transfer. It's not an either or thing.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:28 am
by TualatinDuck
buckmarkduck wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:I can only see them taking one....unless we see more than one transfer.

Juwan Johnson (Grad Transfer) : https://247sports.com/Player/Juwan-Johnson-31894/

Puka Nacua: https://247sports.com/Player/Puka-Nacua-46039709/

Kyle Ford: https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Ford-46037885/

I think I am on the Puka train. He is really fast and runs great routes.

What do people think? There is likely a choice coming....
We can take 1 of the HS guys and the grad transfer. It's not an either or thing.
Johnson and Puka are my picks.

The attrition part for me is interesting how it will play out.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:26 pm
by brich75
karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
brich75 wrote:Lol I can’t even believe Johnson is in this “who would you rather” scenario.. it’s like having a hat for Bama, Clemson, and Oregon St on the table

I don't follow. This Johnson : https://247sports.com/Player/Juwan-John ... ool-52053/

Who is now 225 lbs.

Are you thinking Johnny Johnson?
Most people are basing this on potential and catching ability, both of which Ford and Nacua show/have while Johnson is not quite at that same level.
And our poor track record with transfers in general. The odds of Johnson somehow being a better addition than Puka or Ford are really small.
I’m solely basing it on the fact that he is a grad transfer. The other two are as good or possibly better and have way more eligibility. So in a “who would you rather” scenario I don’t think it’s even close between the two 2019 guys and a grad transfer.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:13 pm
by duckfan96

Doesn’t look bad, I know it’s a highlight tape so no drops shown in it.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:10 am
by maxduck
Rumor du jour is Bru McCoy wants to leave USC for Texas. He is enrolled but not sure if he actually signed a LOI rather than a scholarship agreement. His leaving could affect the decision or either Ford or Nacua. Both show committed to SC.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:34 pm
by Hoagduck
maxduck wrote:Rumor du jour is Bru McCoy wants to leave USC for Texas. He is enrolled but not sure if he actually signed a LOI rather than a scholarship agreement. His leaving could affect the decision or either Ford or Nacua. Both show committed to SC.
Come on Ford; leave a sinking ship

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:02 pm
by jimmy12
No chance that’s true.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:32 pm
by TualatinDuck
jimmy12 wrote:No chance that’s true.
What McCoy?

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 pm
by jimmy12
Correct. There is a fake 247
Post being circulated bit that’s fake. I just dont see it being true

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm
by TualatinDuck
jimmy12 wrote:Correct. There is a fake 247
Post being circulated bit that’s fake. I just dont see it being true
Well if its fake then who ever started it just got MSN/FOX to bite. Its on MSN front page.

Re: Who would you rather have/ take??? Ford, Puka or Johnson

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:25 pm
by jimmy12
Hmmmm