Page 2 of 3

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:52 pm
by GoDucksTroll
A little update on Smalls:

We’re very in it. I had to take a little break from Twitter, bought a new house, work, friends visiting from overseas, vacations, etc.

But I’m getting back into it, and when I checked my messages I had some good news. I feel better about this one than I did about Kayvon the week before he committed. If I was reading tea leaves I’d say a decision by the early signing deadline. If Avalos’ defense delivers... And KT performs... Then it’s down to us, Clemson, and Bama.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:52 am
by lukeyrid13
Ducks, Clemson or Bama.....psh, that's an easy win for us. No competition there :)

Re: Smalls

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:06 pm
by GoDucksTroll
lukeyrid13 wrote:Ducks, Clemson or Bama.....psh, that's an easy win for us. No competition there :)
Easy peasy, just have to beat out the two best DL/OLB recruiting programs in the country. The ones who win national championships and produce endless first round draft picks.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:58 pm
by Anatinae
Now Clemson is out and Washington is back in.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:09 am
by duck541
Interesting that UW is back in. He's previously stated that he wanted to get away from home because he felt that it would allow him to grow the most as a person. Maybe Oregon is close enough to satisfy family that want him nearby and far enough away he can be his own person?

Re: Smalls

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:47 pm
by Duck07
Maybe the old Nordstrom Yacht routine is back in play on Montlake?

Re: Smalls

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:14 pm
by Merganzer
duck541 wrote:Interesting that UW is back in. He's previously stated that he wanted to get away from home because he felt that it would allow him to grow the most as a person. Maybe Oregon is close enough to satisfy family that want him nearby and far enough away he can be his own person?
Not a big surprise that the home team is back in play; but he could want to play with KT even more and yeah, Alabama.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.

I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?

Re: Smalls

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:01 pm
by thomas time
I'd rather have both

Re: Smalls

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:03 am
by alxtw
Smalls and Sewell play different positions.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:26 am
by RanDux
GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.

I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:37 am
by GoDucksTroll
RanDux wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.

I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.
Sam Huard is the 11th ranked player and second ranked QB for 2021: https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Huard-46048437/

He’s Damon Huard’s son, and Brock’s nephew. He’s been trying to get Savvy, and all those 2021 Seattle Area 5-stars to Washington.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:51 am
by maxduck
Is Chris Fetters still involved in ranking NW players? About 15 years ago he hyped several State of Washington players who were, at best, average when they got into college.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:02 pm
by Juice
maxduck wrote:Is Chris Fetters still involved in ranking NW players? About 15 years ago he hyped several State of Washington players who were, at best, average when they got into college.
I don't believe he is. There are some kids up here who can really play, it's not the dawgman hype machine running the show anymore. Though, I still hesitate on highly rated quarterbacks from up here, cause almost none have panned out.

EX:
Jake Heaps
Max Browne

Jacob Eason I feel is like Heaps/Browne... 5* dominant HS qb, but won't pan out in college

Re: Huard.. He has great mechanics, can sling it and is extremely accurate, but we'll see if he has the IT factor that it takes to be a legit QB at the next level. His video game numbers are in large part due to the fact that his coach wants to do nothing but throw, and he has like 4-5 D1 receivers, playing against HS bums.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 am
by RanDux
GoDucksTroll wrote:
RanDux wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Smalls transferred from Garfield and is now playing with Huard, Washington’s future 5-star QB who’s family we love for everything they’ve done for Oregon football.

I’d bet it’s between us and Bama. If KT and our defense play well, and we have a monster season - or at least live up to our ranking - we have a shot in this. I’d rather we land Sewell, but is anyone counting Cristobal and company out? Especially when there are only a few spots left and they can focus on their top targets?
What is the story on Huard? I have not heard of him.
Sam Huard is the 11th ranked player and second ranked QB for 2021: https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Huard-46048437/

He’s Damon Huard’s son, and Brock’s nephew. He’s been trying to get Savvy, and all those 2021 Seattle Area 5-stars to Washington.
Thanks. I was kinda hoping UW would stink for a while. :|